Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The kayak, my Husband and me  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
The kayak, my Husband and me
« on: July 14, 2008, 10:27:32 am »
When we were at my Daughter's house awhile ago, we went down to the river with my Grandsons.  There were people who were traversing the river on kayaks.  I spoke with one of the people and they said that the inflatable kayaks were the best for them because they are so stable.  I have a keen interest in canoing and kayaking with something inflatable is even more appealing.  I thought I would love to get one one day.

When we got home, I was telling my Brother-in-Law about the experience.  Well, what do you know.  A couple of days later, he and my Sister had gone out, they came home and my Brother-in-Law asked me when I wanted to go kayaking.  I looked at him, probably with a kind of dumb expression and told him that I just didn't know.  He called me over to look into the trunk of his car.  Eeeks!!!  In there he had something that he wanted me to see.  It was a kayak, a double seated one.  He had looked on Craig's list and found one that had not been used before, just one that someone no longer wanted.  He took it out and proceeded to inflate it.  He held that look of pride on his face as he endeavoured to blow it up.  I watched him, and I was happy.  I am such an fortunate woman to have people in my life that love me as they do.  There is narry a moment in my life that I am not so ever grateful for my family, you all know that, I know.....The look on my Brother-in-Law's face when he watched (and took a picture) of us in it was priceless.  What was even more funnnneee and oh we laughed our guts out, was when this man was going to get into the kayak himself.  He wanted to go in bum first (no clue why), we were watching him.  As he started to try to get in, he took a face first pummel, right straight into the water.  Oh, now that look was even more priceless!!!  Later he told his youngest Daughter he had a jelly fish in his pocket and tried for his life to get her to reach into his pocket to feel this jellyfish.  She flatly refused, even after being coached with some pop, a chocolate bar.  Nope....she was not going to reach in the pocket to feel that jellyfish.  Then I heard her screeking and crying and saw her running away. He told her that he was going to throw it at her.  She honestly was freaked right out of her brains!!!  She is only 5 and man does she have the voice!!!!  Kind of like her Mother's, hee, hee.  With 6 children, the voice can be very, very trained.  I was certainly more than curious and wanted to know about the jelly fish.  So I reached inside the pocket and holy smokin' cadoodalhoppers.  There was a jelly fish in there!!!!!  My curiosity reigned, and I asked him what in the devil it was.  He pulled this white rectangular piece of something out of his pocket.  It ugly and looked like it might have been a jelly fish.  Well, what it was was a back patch thingy that he had put on his back for pain relief (he had a sore back and had a bad patch) and had put in his pocket and forgot about it.  Oh that was funny.  I kind of liken it to a diaper that gets really soggy if left on too long, hee, hee.  I love to laugh, and with so many human beings around, my days are full of laughter......back to my tale....

We brought the kayak over to the pool and needed to try it out, to see if it was sea worthy, and oh yes it was.  Haven't had a chance yet to take it to one of the little rivers/streams.  But I have a perfect place in mind.  It is about a 10 minute drive from our house.  It is called Kanaka creek and we have travelled down this little waterway before on canoes.  This is a beautiful place to go.  It is not a fast running waterway, just a slow, meandering creek which takes about one to two hours to reach the end of it, before it goes under the highway, entering the mighty Fraser River.  That is a place were we terminate the ride and head home.  The Fraser is a big river and it runs deep and strong.  This ride down the Kanaka creek is beautiful with all the wildlife, beaver homes, birds, oh, I long to take the kayak on its maiden voyage with my Husband and me.  I will take pictures of course.  There are places along this creek where the canoe/kayak must be carried to get to the next part, sometimes in summer it is just far too shallow, I venture the kayak will be much more lighter than a canoe.  Have the best and most beautiful day, lovin' this wonderful life we live. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: The kayak, my Husband and me
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:44:48 am »
Love the picture!!! Couldn't you have thrown some ducks in for the pic though, you know that would have been great!!!

Good luck on your new mission!!!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 07:02:51 am »
Thats some serious whitewater there!! :lol:
Sounds like you're gonna have fun!

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 10:45:48 am »
That looks like fun. I would put that to good use down here for sure. We just use the good old red neck inner tubes and a stick. You guys will love that ride. Good luck, and remember water is 3 times faster when you are in it vs on top of it.
F
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 01:49:23 pm »
Cindi, YAYS, now we will get more adventure stories!  I love the idea of seeing all the countryside & animals..if only water wasn't a factor! I hate getting splashed, splished, or wet in any way, shape or form! Well, showers are ok.. ;) hot & sanitary! The smell of evergreen woods in the hot summer sun..ahhhh! heaven! Just may have to start hiking again!  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

anything