Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The love and the cement live on  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
The love and the cement live on
« on: September 15, 2008, 10:55:27 am »
Wow, we have been doing some pretty hard work (well, moreso my Husband).  Our youngest Daughter has had her horse now for several months, (oh yes, said we would never get a horse again, well looky loo).  Old Man Winter is just around the corner, I know the rains will be coming soon, and then the damp.....the long damp, wintertime.  The horse will need protection.  She is now only protected by groves of conifers, one particular grove is on a slightly elevated mound of earth, it is dry on her feet, and dry on her body, but when those winter rains come, now say no more.

My Husband bought a new cement mixer, oh it is a beauty, it is so pretty, so pretty and orange, we know not for long, but she is a work of art.  He has been making a cement floor for the box stall for this darling little mare.  She will be spoiled.  The days have been beautiful, sunny and hot, perfect time for building a barn....and that he has been doing.  He is nearly completed this task now, the chickens have been enjoying this new structure too, go figure, they have their own nice little houses, but they really like D8 (yes, that is the mare's name, she is a bulldozer for surely).  The chickens have born their mark on the cement floor, there is chickentracks in some parts.  I made a mix match fence to keep them out, but when the back is turned, they are smaller little doodles.  One of the ducks particularly liked this newly laid cement floor.  I had to wash off her feet, ding dang ducks anyways.

We have over the years made many cement things.  Each cement thing bears our names engraved upon it, a mark until the end of the cement thing, to remind us of our love for each other.  This man, this love of my life, that would move heaven and earth for his gal.  Enjoy the pictures AND have the most wonderful and most awesome of days, love life.  Cindi

And Titan, my Daughter's lovable Pittbull, just hoping that someone might throw a piece of wood for him to chase, our partner-in-crime outside, always, only a stone's fling away

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: The love and the cement live on
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 01:39:35 pm »
Thank's for the great pic's Look's like Ken need's a beer after all that work :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: The love and the cement live on
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 11:10:03 pm »
I here Ken is only 22 and Cindis working him to death.He already pulled out his hair out of frustration. :-D :-D :-D
Ken you're a hard worker and still romantic enough to write your nams in a permanent fixture! Very nice.
 Have a cold one and watch the cement dry.You deserve it. :)

anything