Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: About me  (Read 2014 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
About me
« on: December 05, 2007, 09:58:20 am »
I'm a 49 yr old male living in Ludington Michigan.  I own a small farm w/ a new home and a 100yr old barn.  I have a large flock of layer hens and sell fresh egg to friends and local stores.  I work for the county government and own a Animal damage control company on the side.  I have been a trapper and hunter for 35+ yrs.  I am also a federally lic. Falconer and hunt with redtailed hawk.  I wife and I are back to basic type people and a large part of the foods we eat, we grew or harvested.  Bee just seem to be right up our alley.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: About me
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 10:10:38 am »
Danno, that is great information, but you need to change the "hopelessly lost" in your profile to where you live, hee, hee.

YOu are up to some great stuff at your place, yes, bees certainly will fit in well with your lifestyle.  YOu will love the beekeeping world when you get right in there with them, it is fun, wholesome and some wonderful by-products of the species.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, lovin' this life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: About me
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 10:35:33 am »
Welcome Danno.......

You sound like a perfect candidate for bee removals.   A lot of pest management firms don't like to deal with them since it is not as easy as just spray and get paid.  I'm sure you can get a lot of referrals to your  animal damage control business.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison