Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Brushy Mountain?  (Read 8738 times)

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
Brushy Mountain?
« on: April 12, 2010, 09:52:44 pm »
I have never ordered from Brushy Mountain before last week.  Looked at their website numerous times.  Like what I see.  Just wondering, do they always take a long time to ship?  Ordered over a week ago and status still says "ready to pack".  Kinda bummed, but figured maybe they are just very busy this time of year.  Anyone else have experience with them?
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Brushy Mountain?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 10:01:04 pm »
I load up during December from them the past couple of years, and I know they are busy then. I have never had any complaints with them.   Great place to buy from in my book.  Maybe something you ordered was out of stock or on backorder for a couple of days.

Offline manfre

• House Bee
    • Backyard Apiary
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 01:04:20 am »
I'm still waiting for them to ship an order I placed 12 days ago. I guess they're backlogged because of all the people picking up equipment along with their packages.
Backyard Apiary - My adventures in beekeeping.
Brewed By Us - A social site for homebrewers (beer, mead, etc.) to share recipes and brew journals.

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 08:29:31 am »
My last order took several weeks.

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 08:58:09 am »
I have always waited for a LONG time to get my orders, and they have a warehouse here in PA!  They have nice products, but if you need something in a hurry, try another supplier.  I use them most times, but always plan for at least a three week wait.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 01:41:57 pm »
I haven't been into this long, but have ordered twice from them without any problems. On my last order in February, one thing on a pretty large order was on backorder.  I ordered on a Monday, a lady called me on Tuesday stating that an item was not in stock,then received my full order on Tuesday of the next week. But, I do live in an adjoining state approximately 6 hours away from them.

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 06:13:41 pm »
Well, my items shipped today.  Very polite and helpful employees Brushy Mountain has.  I was a little bummed by the shipping delay, but it is completely understandable.  They have just gotten behind during this busy time. 
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 07:43:16 pm »
I have ordered from them and in the busy season it ill take a little longer. They did come through with a complete order and was packed very well. I would most definately buy from them again.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 02:23:06 pm »
I must say.... after waiting for my order, I was really impressed with the quality of their woodenware. Ordered some spare Nuc's, frames and other woods.

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 08:43:35 am »
I received my equipment yesterday, the 16th.  It appears that Brushy Mountain has great customer service.  I made one call, only to inquire not complain, and within 3 days the box was on my porch.  The person I talked to was very polite and helpful.  I do not know if they rushed mine through or if it was just timing, but either way I am very pleased.   :-D

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 09:26:34 am »
This is the busy time of year for all the suppliers...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 08:35:26 am »
Ditto, MB!  I have ordered from Brushy in the past and have not had any problems.  The key is ordering during the "off-season" if possible.  If I need something really quick, I just build it myself!   :-D
"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"
J.D. Clampett commenting about Jethro Bodine.

Offline cblewis

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 10:52:42 pm »
I was just up there last week picking up some stuff.  Luckily, I live about 15 minutes from them.  Was talking to the ladies in the office and they said they were "COVERED UP!!!!!!" and were working overtime to try and get everything out.  Agreed they do have great customer service and the quality of their stuff is really good.

Offline Kansasbert

• New Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 10:27:11 pm »
I have ordered most of my gear from Brushy.  Most of their stuff is made in-house, even some of their veils and suits.  All of the gear I have ordered from them has been top notch, but it always takes them a while to get it shipped.  It seems like I can place a similar order with another company, the price always comes in about the same, but Ill get my shipment much faster from other suppliers.  That being said the quality is not always the same.  Just what I have experienced.

Offline caticind

• House Bee
  • Nothing sweeter...
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 05:42:27 pm »
I get all of my gear from Busy Bee, which resells Brushy Mountain equipment and also makes some of their own.  I did this initially because BB is 20 minutes from me by car, so I can get everything without paying shipping.

But their quality is also fantastic, and that holds true for the Brushy Mountain boxes in particular.  I've been very pleased with everything.  They are a bit skeptical of small-cell/natural cell, so their prices for those items are a bit higher than you might find elsewhere.  Just encouraged me to go largely foundationless.  Their thin surplus is incredibly fine, though.  Looking forward to comparing it with foundationless in my comb honey this summer if it'll just rain a little less.   :)

The bees would be no help; they would tumble over each other like golden babies and thrum wordlessly on the subjects of queens and sex and pollen-gluey feet. -Palimpsest

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 08:06:18 pm »
yes I agree slow shipping , good prices though, dandant always seems to ship fast

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 10:13:03 pm »
We've ordered from them many times over the last seven years. Great people and have always been satisfied with the service. The "Free Shipping" special in December gets my full attention every year. :-D
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline Tucker1

• House Bee
  • "The Morning Breaks, The Shadows Flee.....
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 10:34:58 am »
I usually call the local Dadant distributor before I place an order and ask about availability and lead times.  So far, it's worked out well for me.  The Chino office provides great service and has proven to be very honest.
He who would gather honey must bear the sting of the bees.

Offline jgaito

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 01:34:42 pm »
it's been a month now.  i need to call them.  trying to deal without a smoker and veil ain't gitt'n it.

Offline Yappy

• House Bee
  • "Your darnest Questions, get the best Advice"
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 11:17:47 am »
I have not smoked at all, just 1:1 spray.
For a Veil a $6.00 Bug screened hat works too.  :evil:
... Rob

anything