Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bees and Baseball ?  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Delmer

• House Bee
  • Cravin' me some boiled p-nuts
Bees and Baseball ?
« on: July 03, 2009, 09:58:58 am »

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Bees and Baseball ?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 10:17:38 am »
They needed one. The fake beek they got killed them. He missed the best chance at PR you can imagine.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 11:22:02 am »
>The fake beek they got killed them.

So it was all a sham? They killed the bees :?
John 3:16

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 11:24:33 am »
What happened?? Do tell.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 11:37:34 am »
In the article that is linked it says that the beekeeper sprayed the bees in two different locations, on a chair and  on someone's jacket.
It shows a picture of him killing the bees on the chair. :(

Offline Delmer

• House Bee
  • Cravin' me some boiled p-nuts
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 11:41:54 am »
I was going to ask the question- Did he kill them or capture them?  I'm assuming he sprayed them with insecticide rather than sugar water and peppermint oil.  Just curious.

"A beekeeper was called to the downtown ballpark and sprayed a chair and a ballgirl's jacket that had attracted the bees. Padres president Tom Garfinkel said a few thousand bees attached themselves to a queen bee."

Danny

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 11:49:39 am »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290702125

that was no beek, it was an exterminator!

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 12:41:23 pm »
A bad bit of reporting, no way a beekeeper. what a load of crud, sets another dumb presidense.
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.

Offline Rebel Rose Apiary

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 01:12:08 pm »
If things actually happened the way it reads, it is not good PR for any of us! It is just a sad shame all of the way around....millions of people will see this and think that we are all that way!

However, the reporter should have told more.....

Brenda

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 05:54:55 pm »
I was going to ask the question- Did he kill them or capture them?  I'm assuming he sprayed them with insecticide rather than sugar water and peppermint oil.  Just curious.

"a beekeeper was called to the downtown ballpark and sprayed a chair and a ballgirl's jacket that had attracted the bees. Padres president Tom Garfinkel said a few thousand bees attached themselves to a queen bee."

Danny

If you look at the clips you can see its a spray can, no sugar water that I know comes in a spray can.
I heard that he was an exterminator as well and I don't doubt it.
I would be surprised if the ball league thought to even call a beekeeper to come out there, they called an exterminator in my opinion.
If he thinks he is a beek and he calls himself a beek he is still an exterminator in my  book.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 06:13:29 pm »
watch the video clip I posted all the way through, it shows the exterminator scooping up the dead bees and and throwing them into the jacket.

I am sure he was only doing what was requested of him, and was paid very well for it I am sure. I would say the biggest delay was for the drive time of the exterminator to get there and get inside of the park. I doubt it took 5-10 minutes for him to douse them with poison and get out of there.

I think I would have just shook them into a cardboard box and walked out with them.

G3

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 06:28:29 pm »
I think I would have just shook them into a cardboard box and walked out with them.

in that same hour, you could have collected the hive and had fewer bees in the air.  what a waste!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 09:20:39 pm »
I can't stand the newscaster on that clip the way she is playing up the whole situation.
If the bees were in the jacket he may as well have folded it up and put it in a box WITHOUT killing them.
If all of the people who are so afraid of bees could have seen him box them up it would have made a difference but for them to see a "beekeeper" actually come out and kill them, what does that say?
He sent the wrong message to alot of people.

Offline the kid

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 09:38:06 pm »
a girl had her jacket on the back of a chair ,,  then came the bees , they landed on the jacket ..   he sprayed ,killing them ,picked them up and put them in the jacket ...
the park might have told him to kill them to save time ( so the game could get on ..)  and to act like they are trying to stop anyone from getting stung ..

anything