Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ogden Utah Winter  (Read 2750 times)

Offline utahbeekeeper

• House Bee
    • Millcreek Valley Farm
Ogden Utah Winter
« on: February 13, 2008, 01:59:12 pm »
Regarding my envy of you who are already walking on green grass and checking the pollen intake of your hives, here are 2 8 Feb 08 pics of the conditions here.  This is in Ogden Canyon along the state road that leads to the Pineview Reservoir . . . my home and bee yard are about two miles west, and about 500 feet lower in altitude.  The old aluminum speed limit signs that I shield my hives with summer and winter had, up until I cleaned them off on monday (48 degree day for peeking through top feeder grate)  30 inches of snow on them.  I have a pic somewhere.

Notice lowered head and raised hair??  Snapped shot just before the yearling charged!  JP
Pleasant words are like an honeycomb, sweet to the soul and health to the bones.  Prov 16:24

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Ogden Utah Winter
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 10:02:34 am »
J, (I am going to call you J, because we already have a JP here, or any other suggestions for your name?  hee, hee,  :) :) :)  What a beautiful, beautiful two pictures.  Put them in the photo contest forum for sure.  The picture of the moose yearling was astounding, wow, as pretty as snow is, I like the green, green grass of my home, that stays green all year round  :-P  Have a wonderful and awesome day, your spring will come.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 09:06:11 pm »
That moose looks like it has an attitude problem directed at you.  ;)

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 07:30:50 am »
I thought I had responded to this post but see I haven't, anyway, really nice pics, love these scenes with all that wonderful snow! I haven't been around snow like that for almost 20 yrs. Didn't notice that young moose would charge.

....You, me? we both be JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything