Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dadant 30 frame extractor....a price...  (Read 5480 times)

Offline SteveSC

• House Bee
Dadant 30 frame extractor....a price...
« on: October 02, 2006, 08:29:12 am »
I came across a guy that has a 12 X 14 room completely full 8" high with assembled and unassembled brood boxes - supers - frames - anything and everything...etc..  He says there's about 600 brood boxes alone in there.   I believe it.  You can only look in the room from the door ----  the room is full to within 1' of the door to the room.  He said there's 80 cases of Queenline jars in there somewhere - I saw and bought 15 cases.

This guy isn't a beekeeper, he just bought the stuff from an older commercial beekeeper a couple years ago.  The commercial beekeeper was retiring - now this guy has all this stuff and the wife says " get rid of it ".  

He also has a Dadant 30 frame extractor  -( 2 large )  holding tanks - 2 uncapping tables  4' each.  All this stuff for a big operation.  

I'm going to make an offer for all the stuff as is.  He said he'd take $600 for the extractor but for me to make an offer - - there's nothing wrong with it - we ran it.  Any ideas what an extractor like that is worth ...?  

Thanks....Steve in SC

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 06:04:44 pm »
Since you've seen and ran the extractor I would recommend that you price similar equipment at Mann Lake Ltd, Dudant & Sons, Bushy Mountain, Bettterbee, etc.   Make a comparrision and make an offer from there.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 07:11:40 pm »
if its a stainless steel extractor, a dandant 20 frames sales for almost $1400 so $600 isnt a bad price for a 30 frame extractor, if you buy all the wood stuff and dont need it give me a shout and I might take it off your hands or if you dont get it give me his number and Ill call him...
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

guyone

equipment
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 07:14:05 pm »
Any uncappers in the lot?

Offline SteveSC

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 10:00:41 pm »
Brian: No one really lists an extractor that large that I can find that has the price listed.  I guess I can call one of the suppliers and ask the price.  I'll call Dadant in the morning.  

Guyone: there aren't any uncappers that I saw.  

There are uncapping tables there with holding tanks.  The guy called me today and said he was taking it all out of the room so I could actually see what he had.   No price was mentioned on his part.  He wants me to offer a price before he says what he'll take for it.  I was told once when you have someone that won't put a price on something,   never offer a price for something unless it makes you feel quilty to offer that little for it.  I plan on feeling guilty - we'll se how it goes in a day or two.  

TwT:  It's an all stainless extractor. I'll be in touch one way or the other after I go over there in a day one two....he said he'll call me when it's all out in the open.  His wife said " get rid of it "...  We'll see.  It'll be a Deal or no deal...?

Steve in SC

Offline kensfarm

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 11:42:41 am »
How did it go?