Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Queen Pricing  (Read 10987 times)

Offline jsmob

• House Bee
Re: Queen Pricing
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 11:37:00 pm »
Annette
I had that class with Serge LeBesque today and he believes with everything being delayed around here that these early queens will be poor and probbely will be superced in a short while. So I hope he is yrong and your wish comes true.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2008, 12:00:41 am »
What class is this??? I did not know about this class. What did I miss??

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2008, 02:30:23 am »
Don do you think Ca is to far to ship one of your queens to? And what type of queen cages do you ship in?

Angi

Because I have one hive that was from a package the other package is going really good and has quite a bit of brood where these guys are bairly drawing out comb and the queen has laid small clutches here and there on several frames.  I think she may need to go as it is spotty at best.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 12:06:30 pm »
Angi, I would give that queen a little time that you think is questionnable.  Maybe there isn't as many young bees to look after lots of brood and they just need to have a few more hatch out to feel that they can increase their colony numbers, like the other colony is doing.  Wait a couple of weeks and see then.  Beautiful and wonderful day in this great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 02:37:45 am »
the thing is her laying is spotty a chunk here a chunk there on parts of the comb on several combs all over the deep. Not a clutch here and one on the other side. but in the cornors on the sides. not in the middle and not in a set pattern. The other one is going much faster and doing much better.

Angi

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 06:52:00 am »
Miss angie; got 10 from Don last week; they all sure in mighty fine shape and looked mighty good. The fat beeman takes verry good care of his customers
to bee or not to bee

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 04:46:15 am »
Bud1 You dont have to call me Miss Just call me Angi. We are all friends here and Miss makes me feel old lol. Even though I will only be 35 in Aug. With my fibro I feel like I am 80 some mornings but thats another story lol.

Angi

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 10:33:49 am »
Angi, I think that Bud1 calling you Miss is just the way that the folk in his part speak.  It seems that that terminology is used alot.  I have listened on Ventrillo to Bud1 and he says that to me too.  I think he said something about it being a respect thing in the way that they talk or something like that.  Have a great and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 04:41:49 pm »
I just love being called Miss Annette. It makes me feel very good and it is respectful. I appreciate how Bud speaks to women.  Just my opinion.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 12:30:20 am »
Annette, I know exactly what you mean, that is really respectful, kind of old-fashioned talk, and I love it too, hee, hee.  Best of this wonderfully great day, more to come.  Cindi

Offline trapperbob

• House Bee
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2008, 09:55:42 am »
 The way I see it the only expensive queen is the one that does not produce. If she lays well and the bees that hatch have a good temperment and are hard working then she was worth what ever I pay for her. Which at this time was $18.00. :-D

anything