Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Thanks to Vets  (Read 2477 times)

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
Thanks to Vets
« on: May 30, 2011, 09:35:31 am »
My humblest of thanks to all the Veterans who may be members here.  I offer my sincere gratitude for your service and sacrifice that you have made.  Not just today but everyday.  We thank you and wish we could thank your buddies that are not here anymore. May God Bless you beyond measure.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Thanks to Vets
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:54:24 am »
Thanks, and my best wishes to all the others out there.....
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 11:09:45 am »
I'll echo Mike's sentiments....we are proud of our vets and honored by your service.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 11:18:15 am »
what iddee said  :)

thanks for remembering, from me and mine.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 01:02:24 pm »
Thanks, and my best wishes to all the others out there.....

Thanks for remembering this old vet

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 01:18:48 pm »
I too thank you all.  Its because of the vets that me and my family can live free in this great country.  Thank you for your time and sacrifice.  GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

James
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline preston39

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 01:26:31 pm »
As a vet, I add many thanks to our current serving defenders of freedom. Our prayers are with you and God speed.

My 4 years, Army, 82Nd Airborne, 66Th special forces paramedic, pre Vietnam and 1st year of that conflict hardly compares to what I know the ones are confronted with in Afghanistan,et al. But, the commitment is the same.

I'm  Preston

Offline oliver

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 01:52:13 pm »
Kind words--RM2 USN...dl

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 03:47:11 pm »
A belated, although sincere ,thanks to all members past and present of our armed forces.