Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Howdy folks!  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Miss Pepper

• New Bee
Howdy folks!
« on: April 03, 2008, 07:47:15 pm »
Hi guys, I finally registered...  I've been using the chat room for a while, but haven't registered on here, so now I am.  I'm from Washington state, and started beekeeping a year ago with just one beehive.  It's doing great this spring, so throughout the summer I hope to split it twice and end up with 3 hives.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Howdy folks!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 08:10:52 pm »
Howdy Miss Pepper, It is great that you made that jump to join up. You are going to enjoy it here, I'm sure at that. Now where is that welcome commitee president, vacation is over. :-D

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 11:18:06 pm »
What part of Washington, different parts are llike different areas of the USA.  We have climates that range from that of Texas to Alaska--the 2 exceptions are Florida and Hawaii so knowing what part will help with advice.

BTW, I'm hosting a BBQ on Sunday Labor Day Weekend for all PNW forum members (Oregon, Idaho, B.C., and Washington, so you're invited.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 12:52:22 am »
Miss Pepper, (by the way, what a very cool name, tell us one day how you obtained it).  It is wonderful to have new members come onto our forum, you have been in chat you say, but now you are here in person, lovely.  Nice to hear that your hive overwintered well and you are building up to make some splits, yeah!!!

You have found the best place to come and spend some time, learn stuff, tell us of your experiences with the bees.  We love to hear stories of stuff about fellow beekeepers, we are a curious bunch (especially me, hee, hee).  Welcome, ask all your questions, never consider any question to be dumb or irrelevant, they are all important and that is how we all learn, asking questions.  We all were new beekeepers, once upon that time.  Welcome.  HAve a wonderful and great day, Cindi

Dallas, by the way, oooh you make me wanna laugh!!!!!
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 12:58:07 am »
Hey Miss Pepper, this is weird, I was wondering where you've been lately. We haven't seen you in chat. A big hello to you, welcome to the forums!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 02:07:07 am »
Hi Miss Pepper.  I'm in WA too, E of Tacoma.  Which side of the mt's are you on ?  My bees come on the 12th, 1st timer!  This is a wonderful forum, You learn so much, things you didn't know you needed to know!  Welcome!

Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 08:32:41 am »
Hi little lady; sho been missing yo fast talk on ventro. hurry back and liven us up. and dont forget Don will be here Saturday night to answer any Q.
to bee or not to bee

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 06:36:23 pm »
Hi Miss Pepper!

Welcome to the forum!  You definately gota go to Brian Bray's get together if you're here in Washington.  I'm Poka-Bee's neighbor, out here in the small town of Buckley, East of Tacoma.

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Miss Pepper

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 06:04:57 pm »
Thanks for all the welcomes!!!  I'm located in Olympia, WA. 

Yes, I will definitely be coming back to the chat, school started back up after spring break and life got pretty busy.  Now I'm adjusted to the new quarter, though, so will be on more frequently.

I don't know if you guys have ever seen Clegs on here, but he's my cousin.  Last summer when his bees were having swarming problems I found this forum for him, but never actually registered myself...  :o)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 09:43:29 am »
Miss Pepper, yes, I remember Clegs.  I am going to go and look and see when he was active, I don't remember seeing him in awhile.  That is cool that he is your Cousin, lovely.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, love our life we live.  Cindi

PS.  Yes, I see that Clegs has been posting quite a lot recently actually.  Cool.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 01:07:38 am »
Thanks for all the welcomes!!!  I'm located in Olympia, WA. 

Yes, I will definitely be coming back to the chat, school started back up after spring break and life got pretty busy.  Now I'm adjusted to the new quarter, though, so will be on more frequently.

I don't know if you guys have ever seen Clegs on here, but he's my cousin.  Last summer when his bees were having swarming problems I found this forum for him, but never actually registered myself...  :o)

My Greatgrandfather used to be the caretaker at the park in Olympia, lived in an apartment above the Pavilion (before they tore it down) and kept Black German and Italian bees in the gardens. My father hated the Black German bees (very hot) and hived a swarm of Italians into the same hive--My Greatgrandfather was fit to be tied as those bees were descendants of some his grandfather had brought over from Germany back in the 1840's.   
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Clegs

• House Bee
  • Let the good times roll!
    • CalebGo.com - Gread dissusion forums, programmers, hobbiests, or just anyone
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 12:11:16 am »
I guess I should of replied sooner, just can't think of you being new to the forums since you were the one who got me started here.

I need to get back onto the ventrilo chat, I used to be on there virtually every day, now haven't been on in a while.
calebgo.com - My website