Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Image shack  (Read 5714 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Image shack
« on: November 22, 2008, 08:43:54 am »
I can not get pictures to load all I get is a white box. when I try to enlarge them.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Image shack
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 08:59:59 am »
Image shack servers get bogged down from time to time. Usually if you wait a while, they get things straightened out.   If you still have troubles,  providing a link to the problem always helps.

Image Shack is free, so sometimes you have to expect a little trouble. :evil:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 09:08:50 am »
Thank's rob I'll give it a few day's and give it a try.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 07:49:50 pm »
Hey Irwin! I use picasa now..it took me awhile, but I did figure out the fundementals and it works for me.

your friend,
john

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 09:26:55 am »
It still won't load guess I will try something else.

Offline edenviewgarden

• House Bee
  • Jane
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 10:02:50 am »
It still won't load guess I will try something else.

Irwin, I am so computer illiterate it is not even funny but I was able to load pictures with Photobucket to the forum.  You might try them.

Jane
Those who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 10:41:46 am »
I can load just can't enlarge them

Offline edenviewgarden

• House Bee
  • Jane
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 12:03:17 pm »
On Photobucket there was a resize button which I pushed (notice my "correct" computer lingo- ha ha)and then entered 640 in the first box.  The computer filled in the second number and wa la perfect size for the forum.

Jane

Offline edenviewgarden

• House Bee
  • Jane
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 12:06:22 pm »
Irwin, I just clicked on the picture and it does come up bigger then, but still not quite as big as the  640 x's .

Jane

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 12:20:30 pm »
Irwin, dont worry about it. I use to be able to post larger photos but for some reason Image Shack changed something so now all I get is the same as the picture you posted. Im sure it will go back to the original after awhile. 

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 03:42:33 pm »
if you have popups blocked,image shack may not load the larger image.It will load in firefox even with the pop up blocker on.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 01:59:34 pm »
What I need to do is go trough the choices and test different resolution image. They may be realizing that bandwidth for these MONSTER PHOTOS today is a cost matter at somepoint.

Ad sponsored or in their case Photo quality printing at affordable prices. So if you are looking to buy a poster sized image of something you have seen, it is always possible to create that IF the minimum resolution wasn't too low - then pixilation comes in play.

Surely we think of IMAGE files a meg big or bigger seems crazy, have you seen those 360 degree scroll around with the mouse nd see straight up and to the ground and everything in a full circle ALL OF IT in high def....

Well... I see THAT availability in a CELL PHONE VERY SOON - Imagine JUST POINTING YOUR CELLPHONE TOWARD THE SKY and EVERYTHING in HDTV will be captured around you all in ome amazing inter active photo. Imagine playing back (and quicktime has already experimented with MOVIES of people in a car talking to each other and you scroll around near the center console, seeing both boy, girl and parents while driving. It is one of the few MOVING 360 clips I have seen.

Many 360 cams have sound tracks that play, it honestly is quite nice if the right sound file is attached. But an ordinary cell phone, shooting straight up caturing inages that can be later played by Quicktime. It is coming soon - imagine actually standing FROZE in time with EVERYTHING left, right above and below is caught for that split secord - and probably up tp 30 clips too. We really do live in neat times.

If you haven't tried these yet, go to www.apple.com (or better yet search 360 cam images at Goooooogle and you will find (search around, some pages have as many as 500 - 600 images on some webpages and look for their 360 degree photography, it it plays through a program inside FREE Quicktime Player. There are HUNDREDS of PHOTOS there, inside tombs, in the middle of night time ballon exebition, but you can look up adn down left and right, you actally see many ballons below and above you and right to the ground - even the zooming (not all picture have that feature) but you lose no pixelation, the image remains 3 powered zoom and quality is still superior. Quicktime is GREAT software, everyone should have it EVEN IF YOU ONLY WATCH MOVIE TRAILERS :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.