Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: For the grammer police...  (Read 2176 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
For the grammer police...
« on: March 09, 2011, 11:15:25 pm »
I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Countryboy

• House Bee
Re: For the grammer police...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:27:25 pm »
Why are the police looking for Kelsey Grammer?  Is this thread a code to help them find him?

Considering that only 1:4 Americans are proficient at reading English, (some studies reflect much lower rates of literacy) I suspect it would be understood much easier if proper spelling and grammar was used.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 11:46:41 pm »
OOPS. Sorry. I didn't realize we had some of the other 80% on here.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline phil c

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 09:55:03 am »
I had a Prof in college that gave us a test that had that nonspelling in it. I didnt even realize it untill 1/2way through, it was a 8:00 Fri. morn class after some really good Thurs. night bar specials!

AMC cars, Jeeps, Mineapolis Moline Tractors, Bees, More stuff than I have time to play with