Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The secret of a happy marriage was to never argue.  (Read 3179 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
The secret of a happy marriage was to never argue.
« on: September 22, 2007, 02:53:57 am »
The secret of a happy marriage was to never argue.

A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about. For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not
recover. In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside.
She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box. When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money totaling $95,000.
He asked her about the contents. "When we were to be married," she said, " my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll."
The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. Only two precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with happiness.
"Honey," he said, "that explains the doll, but what about all of this
money? Where did it come from?"
"Oh," she said, "that's the money I made from selling the dolls."

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: The secret of a happy marriage was to never argue.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 11:50:41 am »
Ted, ah, now that was one cute little joke!!!  Brought a neat smile to my face.  Have a wonderful day, beautiful life we're livin'.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 01:12:55 pm »
This is so funny. I just love it.

Thanks for sharing
Annette

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 12:45:09 pm »
Annette, forget to tell you.  Each time I see your avitar, your red umbrella is such a beauty of a thing to see, I love it, and where on earth did you get one so colourful, yeah!!!!!! beauty!!!!! :)  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 02:50:22 pm »
It really is a darker red color, but the sun was shining through it and lit it up. Purchased in beautiful downtown Placerville.

Thanks for the compliment

My husband just loved this joke by the way

Annette

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 04:11:39 am »
 :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything