Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: exercise for senior citizens  (Read 1695 times)

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
exercise for senior citizens
« on: August 30, 2009, 06:59:42 am »
This exercise is for seniors to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. Please don"t over do it - please limit it to just three time a week.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 2 kg. potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides, then hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax.

Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 5kg. potato bags. Then 10 kg. potato bags and, eventually, try to get to where you can lift a 50 kg. potato bag in each and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the bags; but be careful.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: exercise for senior citizens
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 10:45:02 am »
 :-D
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: exercise for senior citizens
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 12:08:01 pm »
 :evil:

anything