Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Question On Bee Vacs  (Read 2155 times)

Offline blanc

• House Bee
Question On Bee Vacs
« on: May 19, 2012, 08:02:05 pm »
Set up a bee vac with a 1 1/2 HP motor and worked good until it died on me due to age I guess. Set up the bee vac with a shop vac and seems to be too much suction because on my first use the small batch of bees I vacuumed died. Any suggestions from you guy who have bee using vacs? Appreciate any comments.
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Question On Bee Vacs
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 08:30:24 pm »
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=router+control

Plus have an adjustable, screened hole in your catch box. You cannot vac bees into the shop vac.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 08:45:12 pm »
You could try making your suction adjustment hole larger in size.

James
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 08:52:25 pm »
The setup is the way it should be and looked at some you tube vids and looks like I just need an adjustable hole for vac suction. On the job training  :-D
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline howardaj31

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 11:07:41 pm »
Just recently started using my bushkill style vacuum, the damper is a must.  I like to adjust mine to where it will just barely pull on my tshirt.  I have used mine 4 times now and had very, very few dead bees.  don't know what style you are using, but I highly suggest the bushkill model.  The bees seem to do much better with frames and such to hold on to.  I used a friends bucket type this weekend and am convinced the bushkill type is much better for the bees well being

anything