Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: #8 Mesh  (Read 2210 times)

Offline AllanJ

• House Bee
#8 Mesh
« on: March 11, 2007, 11:44:15 pm »
Anyone know where I can order some #8 Mesh.. I would prefer the metal type instead of cloth. I think betterbee has some but their shipping to VA costs as much as the mesh. To those that make your own SBB, where do you get your mesh from?

Thanks.

Offline Stingtarget

• House Bee
Re: #8 Mesh
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 11:59:50 pm »
I'm not sure if it was #8 but the screen I used came from Home Depot in a 36" roll.  It should be located in the chain link / chicken wire section.  The rolls are in square wooden bins just above chicken wire and rolled fencing.  You won't find it in the door/window section.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 12:02:13 am »
Go to a good hardware store (NOT Menards or Home Depot etc.) and ask for it.  If they don't have any ask them to order it.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline mpjourdan

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 12:44:14 am »
I bought mine from Betterbee.  The hardware stores around here, if they had it their prices were higher even after shipping.  I used #7 mesh instead of #8, better for debris to fall through and the bee can walk on it just as easy.  If your just buying a few feet, hardware stores would be better, I bought a fair amount of it so Betterbee worked out better for me.
For the love of bees