Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dadant Promo- Free Shipping Dec. 1-31  (Read 26158 times)

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
Dadant Promo- Free Shipping Dec. 1-31
« on: November 14, 2009, 12:26:51 am »
I don't know if this has already been posted but I recieved a promo from Dadant and they are doing free shipping on all orders (excludes west of the mississippi) for the month of December.
I know Brushy Mountain typically does this every year as well but I was not aware of Dadant doing it.
They are also having a "super sale" as well, looks like 10%off quite a bit of stuff, but is not applicable for internet orders.

Offline sfisher

• New Bee
Re: Dadant Promo- Free Shipping Dec. 1-31
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 01:35:14 am »
Does anybody know if Brushy mnt is doing one this year?

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 02:46:42 am »
kelly got one going -Nov 23-24-25 free shiping zones 1-4 with zones 5-9 reciveing 10% discount only-PROMO CODE                     lets talk turkey- :lol: 8-) RDY-B

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 08:07:37 am »
I have checked the brushy mountain web sight specifically to search for such a program, and do not find any info about it, I also have been to dadant web sight, and see no reference to such an offer.
Is it common, that such offers are only made to specific type customers, and not made to every one. In my short career as a beekeeper, I have ordered from both brushy mtn. and dadant.
I am my own biggest critic!

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 12:42:01 pm »
I don't know Lakeman, I have only ordered from Dadant a couple of times.
There are no promo codes listed for the shipping on the flyer they sent me but if you want the  10%discount on their foundation, frames, woodenware and extractors then the promo cold is SUPER SALE  but you have to contact the offices in          waverly NY, 1-877-532-3268
         Chatham VA 1-800-220-8325       and Frankfort KY and order over the phone.
For the shipping it just says Free Shipping on All products December 1-31 (excluding glass containers, backordered items and orders west of the mississippi) I can't find any promo code so maybe when you order it just automatically takes the shipping off but I would contact them anyway and ask.
Maybe you have to do phone orders for that too.

Brushy Mountain has done free shipping every year in December, I got almost all of my equipment by ordering from them in December.
I had their monthly newsletter but deleted it, not sure if it said anything about the free shipping promo they do though.

Offline mgmoore7

• House Bee
    • Moore Honey Bees
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 01:05:15 pm »
This is great. 

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 07:59:52 pm »
Is it common, that such offers are only made to specific type customers, and not made to every one. In my short career as a beekeeper, I have ordered from both brushy mtn. and dadant.

It is quite common for them not to show on their websites.  Usually you will find the promo codes in their ads in Bee Culture and American Bee Journal.

Beeline has 10% off, if ordered by December 1st.   I just ordered a bunch of nucs and a few hundred frames.  They don't have a website,  but I have attached their catalog if anyone is interested.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Hethen57

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 10:30:53 pm »
Do any of these companies ever do promos for beeks who live West of the Mississippi :?
-Mike

Offline slaphead

• House Bee
  • Obsessive, compulsive & happy
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 10:37:33 pm »
Western Bee recently (last week) had a promo on hive boxes, hives and westerns.  Might still be on.

SH
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - FDR, 1933

Offline weBEE Jammin

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 10:55:59 pm »
I guess all the bee keepers west of the Mississippi are being demographically descriminated against?  Maybe we should just start ordering from companies who treat beekers equal? I will be researching their sales and discounts, and mainly what areas if any they apply in.  Are there any other beekers west of the Miss. that feel the same way?  We have a Dadant distributor less than 200 miles from Tulsa, and we have one of the largest members clubs in the nation.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 02:19:01 pm by weBEE Jammin »

Offline weBEE Jammin

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 02:37:59 pm »
I think all you WoM (West of Mississippi) beekeepers should call Dadant and other Co offering discounts to limited areas, and see if they can do the same for you? Some other companies I have bought from are Walter T. Kelley, Blue Sky, Mann Lake, Brushy Mtn, Rossman Apiaries and Glory Bee.  I will be looking at other Co's for myself and our club. Where is Western Bee located? I guess I'll look for them now while I'm on this thinking machine.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 03:01:04 pm »
I guess all the bee keepers west of the Mississippi are being demographically descriminated against?

It's all about the economics.  Brushy Mountain is in North Carolina.   Shipping cost go up the further you have to send it.  I'm guessing the Mississippi is near the point that the shipping cost to them outweigh the benefit.   If I understand the Kelley sale,  it is not limited to those east of the Mississippi,  but once again limited by distance from them (I don't qualify as I'm zone 5).   

I'm not sure what Dadant's motivation is,  maybe they are just going after the business that Brushy soaks up every year in December due to the free shipping.

You might not like it, but I can understand that these companies must limit the offering due to the shipping cost they incur.  What you need to do is find some west coast bee supply places like Mann Lake and get them to pony up.  Lets face it, when you are paying the shipping, you will give your business to a close supplier,  so from a business stand point,  there is not much gain for Brushy to expand their free offer and take a beating.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline weBEE Jammin

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 05:47:05 pm »
Dadant has supply companies in Paris, TX and Calif!!!  Shipping and handling is most the cost. You would think a company would offer a percentage discount to everyone, and the shipping costs would be less the closer you are? We have our annual Bee Buzz coming up, and these questions will be brought up to the suppliers.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 06:19:55 pm »
I agree with Robo,they do what they can to offer the free shipping promo without losing their shirts and its not like they owe anyone anything.

Offline garys520

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 06:45:07 pm »
I priced a complete hive in July but canceled the order when the shipping was going to be $70!!! I'll wait until I either read about it in one of the bee magazines or else buy it from a local shop.  I really like the wood ware from Brushy MT. and Dadant, so if there's free shipping anytime soon I'll wait.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 08:00:41 pm »
I bought so much from Brushy last year during the month of December that I saved $400.00 in shipping.
I wait all year, keep a list of what I need and then buy it in December.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 08:29:06 pm »
I wait all year, keep a list of what I need and then buy it in December.

I hope Bill prints a copy of this out and keeps it in his wallet.  It is an 11 month free pass......

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 08:58:35 pm »
 :lau:  Troublemaker.  :evil:

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 10:00:57 pm »
Thanks for the heads up Natalie. Ann and I wanted to order from Brushy Mt. too but if their not going to offer free shipping this year we'll order from Dadant instead.
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 11:29:04 pm »
Anybody here call up Brushy Mt. or Dadant yet and ask them about free shipping specials this year?  I've been busy working but will call them both tomorrow after work and ask them if nobody here replies.:I'll let you know what I find out. :chop: :chop:
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

anything