Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Brushy Mountain Free shipping  (Read 27767 times)

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
Re: Brushy Mountain Free shipping
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 05:34:00 pm »
Just a heads up for everyone buying from Brushy Mtn:

I placed an order Monday. Then I did the live chat and added a box of foundation to the original order. From Monday afternoon until this morning their credit card processor billed my debit card TEN TIMES. I spoke with Becky there and she could not offer any explanation as to why it happened, but she did offer to work with my bank to release the funds.

This is why I cut up all debit cards (which were not requested by me) sent to me, and only use credit cards.

I do no use debit cards, as they have too many faults.

So you don't cut up debit cards that you request? That makes sense. :roll:

The only credit card I use is Amex, and they don't accept it.

I do not use debit cards, they have too many faults. I only use cash back credit cards, and always pay off getting charged no interest.
I am my own biggest critic!

Offline manfre

• House Bee
    • Backyard Apiary
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 05:49:18 pm »
I ordered on Monday, debit card, checked account Mon PM, correct amount deducted. When I got home today, Front porch had stacks of boxed supers on it. Fast shipping.

:( I'm still waiting on my order to arrive and I live in NC.
Backyard Apiary - My adventures in beekeeping.
Brewed By Us - A social site for homebrewers (beer, mead, etc.) to share recipes and brew journals.

Offline garys520

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 07:18:09 pm »
I ordered Tuesday from Connecticut and I received an email that my order has been shipped on Friday.  Three large packages from the new PA warehouse.

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2009, 10:36:37 pm »
We put in a decent order yesterday with Brushy and a smaller one with Betterbee. Betterbee shipped today and I bet the Brushy one will tomorrow.
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 10:48:54 pm »
Got my order 72 in hours.  Great people.

Offline trahn007

• New Bee
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2009, 10:50:56 pm »
Got my order very fast, within 5 days. Great folks and great service. I live in PA and shipped from PA site.

Offline kedgel

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 08:45:35 pm »
Man! I love you guys!  I get GREAT info on here!  Saturday I shopped around and found the cheapest price for an extractor at Brushy Mtn. and ordered it.  After I hit the Submit Order buttom, I browsed the new postings on here and saw the free shipping discussion.  I got back on their site and got the phone # and called them to ask if they'd drop the $30 shipping charge.  They were closed, so I left a message and sent them an email as well with the promo code.  Monday I got an email saying my order was shipped, but no mention of the shipping, so I sent them another email asking for a response.  They got right back saying that my order was shipped for free.  Wedenesday I received my shiny new extractor.  I was thrilled with how fast they did my order and taking off the shipping charge.  Good folks. 

Kelly
Talent is a dull blade that cuts nothing unless wielded with great force--Pat Travers

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 09:28:16 pm »
Well I thought I wouldn't order anything from Brushy this year since I think I have everything I need but my son won a $50.00 gift certificate at the bee club the other night and there is free shipping going on now so I guess I will have to find something for him and get it now while the gettin' is good.

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2009, 09:41:22 pm »
We sometimes stop at the N.C. location on our way back from TN. every year. Because of the sales tax there it's cheaper to have an order shipped to our front door than to pick it up in person. The free shipping special is a life saver for us poor folks who need a few things once a year. We got the shipping confirmation email from them today. Four boxes at 34lbs,50lbs,59lbs, and 11lbs.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:05:24 pm by woodchopper »
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline manfre

• House Bee
    • Backyard Apiary
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2009, 09:49:11 pm »
Finally received shipping confirmation for my order. Three ~50 lbs boxes! :)
Brewed By Us - A social site for homebrewers (beer, mead, etc.) to share recipes and brew journals.

Offline John Lee Pettimore

• House Bee
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2009, 10:03:37 pm »
Received my order earlier in the week. My downstairs office/workshop smells like paint and wax now.  :-D
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 10:05:43 pm »
Well I thought I wouldn't order anything from Brushy this year since I think I have everything I need but my son won a $50.00 gift certificate at the bee club the other night and there is free shipping going on now so I guess I will have to find something for him and get it now while the gettin' is good.

nATALIE, DO NOT FORGET THERE IS A $100.00 MINIMUM ORDER FOR FREE SHIPPING.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 10:14:51 pm »
Thanks, yeah I know. Every time I log into that site it costs me lotsa dough :-D
That is why I avoid it when I don't want to spend.
My son has his own hive and he wants some tools and stuff like that so I figure I will go on and get him some of the stuff he needs with his gift certificate and then order some odds and ends that I should stock up on.
I had been thinking of adding another garden hive so I may do that.
There is always some item that you wish you had another of so I will go look around.
Last year I ordered a huge amount of stuff, I had 11 boxes come one day.
I saved a ton of money on shipping.

Offline John Lee Pettimore

• House Bee
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 10:22:16 pm »
I saved a ton of money on shipping.
Just imagine if you'd also switched to GEICO...
 :lau:
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2009, 08:30:24 am »
I made my order on the 29th and still haven't got a shipping notification  :'(
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2009, 09:03:06 am »
I made my order on the 29th and still haven't got a shipping notification  :'(

They may be holding it, as they are temperorarily out of an item. Or it may have slipped through a crack, bettter give them a call.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2009, 01:27:20 pm »
Maybe its me but Brushy as always taken longer to get my stuff shipped out than Dadant, Betterbee and Rossmans.
I feel like they take longer in general, but if there is an item backordered they usually do hold the whole order but they don't tell you that unless you call to find out where your order is.
Betterbee always sends you a notice telling you that your order is being held up.
I guess it wouldn't hurt to give them a call tough to find out.

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2009, 01:57:12 pm »
I punched my christmas order in the computer, and it was here in a couple of days.

Offline manfre

• House Bee
    • Backyard Apiary
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2009, 02:45:55 pm »
Order arrived! It took them 10 days to ship it from when I ordered and less than 24 hours after that to get to my door. My guess is that it was delayed due to the 2 qt wax melting pitcher being backordered.

Offline contactme_11

• House Bee
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2009, 02:58:35 pm »
I got my order in under 5 days. No offence guys and girls but in all actuality who cares how long it takes to get an order this time of year? It's not like anyone can really do anything with the stuff until spring anyway and besides, it's FREE!

anything