Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: John Sanborn /Wolf Creek Apiaries Missing in Action!  (Read 3527 times)

Offline Bee Curious

• House Bee
John Sanborn /Wolf Creek Apiaries Missing in Action!
« on: February 10, 2013, 02:41:01 pm »
Does anyone here know what's up with the Sanborns and Wolf Creek Bees?  

I reserved a package from them in November.  Ruth emailed me that she'd be in touch in January for payment.  When I didn't hear from them toward the end of January, I emailed back, but got no reply.  Now the website seems to be down--I get a 404 Error: Page Not Found when I try www.wolfcreekbees.com.  I will try calling this week, but this worries me.  

Anyone know anything?  :?

Update....It's a few hours later, and the website is back up--whew!  But I'm puzzled by the lack of email response.  I'll try the phone number during business hours.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:50:10 pm by Bee Curious »

Offline pkalisz

• New Bee
Re: John Sanborn /Wolf Creek Apiaries Missing in Action!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 05:09:52 pm »
The website seems to be working now.

They also seem to be still taking orders. Under Contact Us they say: " NOTICE:  We were hit by an FT2 tornado on Jan. 30. 2013 and have suffered extensive damage to both our home and our property. We are okay, but right now our efforts are focused on getting back to normal. The phones are out and AT&T tells us that they may be so for another week.  If you wish to order, send your requests through e-mail and we will answer them as soon as possible. If we are shipping bees to you, please include your full address along with a phone number. Also include about when you will want the bees. When we get back to you, we will have all your information ready.  It may be a week or so before we will be up and running, so please be patient."

I hope they are still in business - I am supposed to pick up four packages on April 19.

Offline beeman2009

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 05:26:57 pm »
Guys,

I am a good friend of the Seaborns. They are still in business, right now they are in a bad shape. The tornado did extensive damage to their home as well as the whole community. As of Friday they still had no power or phone service in the area. Like I said lots of damage. They lost all their bees at their TN location, 70+ hives. They are still on track as far as I know. I bought 9 packages from them the day before the tornado.

Bee patient, their trying to put their lives back together.
All things may be lawful, but not all things are advantageous.

Beeman2009

Offline Bee Curious

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 05:47:02 pm »
Wow, what an amazing thing to happen.  I will be patient and will contact them by email.  I want to pay for my bees ASAP, as I'm sure they need the cash.  THanks to everyone who responded.

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 06:04:52 pm »
Guys,

I am a good friend of the Seaborns. They are still in business, right now they are in a bad shape. The tornado did extensive damage to their home as well as the whole community. As of Friday they still had no power or phone service in the area. Like I said lots of damage. They lost all their bees at their TN location, 70+ hives. They are still on track as far as I know. I bought 9 packages from them the day before the tornado.

Bee patient, their trying to put their lives back together.

beeman2009,
I am extremely sorry to hear about trouble at Wolf Creek. I bought my first package from them, very gentile bees, very nice people. Ruth was very patient with the newbee who didn't have a clue, me. I wish them well, If you see them please tell them so.
Later,
Ray

Offline Bee Curious

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 09:39:32 pm »
Good news, everyone.  The Seaborns seem to be up and running.  I heard from them today.  They are honoring orders and seem to be moving ahead after their disaster.