Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Cut Out in Adel, Iowa  (Read 2213 times)

Offline rgrbecvar

• New Bee
Bee Cut Out in Adel, Iowa
« on: August 28, 2014, 12:04:38 pm »
Well its still quite busy removing and relocating bees around Iowa and Its getting to late to remove bees to successfully over winter but the calls keep coming in. I was called to Urbandale, Iowa to remove bees yesterday morning and when I arrived it turned out to be the second call  and it was paper wasps in a brick column. And it was a big colony I had to destroy. After arriving home I received another call for a honey bee colony located in the walls of a abandoned out building that the owners are getting ready to demolish. Barb the owner said that the DNR recommended me as the removal service I provide. Which I'm greatful for the recommendation. So I went over to survey the situation and found an extremely large colony of honey bees with the entrance next to the chimney on the second floor which filled the wall downward through the first floor wall and they ate through the old drywall and the hive was actually visible in a room on the first floor. I scheduled for the removal for today not thinking about the weather. Well guess what its pouring outside and now I have to reschedule for when the rains stop. Which looks like four days from today. This one is going to be a nice removal and really looking forward to getting it done.

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
Re: Bee Cut Out in Adel, Iowa
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 10:29:04 am »
cool

Make like JP and video tape everything
i'd like to watch over your shoulder as it were.