Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Entrance Hole Drilled In Deeps  (Read 4308 times)

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
Re: Entrance Hole Drilled In Deeps
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 05:36:36 pm »
Lots of beeks use 'both' top and bottom entrances, myself included. Cutting a small (1/4" x 2") notch in your inner covers, placed notch side down creates a fine top entrance.

I tried this but found SHB liked to hide between the inner cover and telescoping top. Because the space between was too small for the bees to enter. I could have shimmed it I suppose but I didn't think of that at the time.
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline tjc1

• Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 12:11:44 am »
What about robbing with all those holes in the boxes?

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 11:08:29 am »
>What about robbing with all those holes in the boxes?

In my experience usually the bees guard them, but sometimes they forget one and a weak hive starts getting robbed by an entrance they seem to have forgotten...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything