Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bloomingdale's Boca  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Bloomingdale's Boca
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:48:43 pm »
One of the client's from my day job knew I was beekeeper and asked if I could give a home to a hive hanging out by the loading dock.  Everything went pretty well. There was a point where I was cutting and the blade grabbed and shook the hive it took about 15 minutes for the bees to gather back on the hive.

The one problem you won't see is at the end when I was making the last cut to fit it in the comb collapsed. The comb was at that age where it was either to young or old enough to withstand the vibrations. I took the bees and released them at the farm and let the hive get robbed. It wasn't a success but life can be like that.

Pics can be viewed here.
http://www.brendhanhorne.com/coppermine_dir/thumbnails.php?album=167

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: Bloomingdale's Boca
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 12:19:32 am »
Brendhan, those pics are amazing, that comb looked ginormous!  Too bad it collapsed.  Would be fun playing on that lift dealie too!! :evil:  With the legs it should be able to walk, now that would be fun!  Good job!  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Bloomingdale's Boca
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 09:59:10 am »
Brendhan, nice!!!  I think you are nuts to go up that high on that thingy (whatever it is called).  That is a long ways up in the air, I would have been puking!!!  I have seen the cut outs and comb, but this is the first time I have seen comb made by bees in the open air like that, what a cool sight!!!  You keep up that hard work, when I saw your pics of you doing that it made me feel proud of you.  I guess having met you in person, I now have a different affinity for you, my forum friend!!!  Have the most wonderful and awesomely great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service