Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Black Bees  (Read 2899 times)

Offline beecowboy

• New Bee
Black Bees
« on: March 27, 2006, 10:14:24 pm »
Hi every body hope every body {and their bees are fine}as for mine they are kicking right along. I was wondering if someone could help me. Iwould like to find where I could get package's of Black bees like Midnight or Russian. I just want to try somthing different but I still like the Italians.  Thanks for any help :?

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
Bees
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 10:19:18 pm »
York used to sell midnites they went out of business I think.
Bolling Bee farms sells gray Caucasians very calm they are in Alabama
also on the net 334437 2429 give them a try
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Re: Bees
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 10:38:05 pm »
Quote from: Kirk-o
Bolling Bee farms sells gray Caucasians very calm they are in Alabama
also on the net 334437 2429 give them a try
kirko

Bolling bee has a new owner as of last year and alot of people didn't get bee's last year and some still haven't got there money back, here's a topic about it...... aint to good

http://www.beesource.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003692#000000
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Re: Black Bees
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 10:43:29 pm »
Quote from: beecowboy
Hi every body hope every body {and their bees are fine}as for mine they are kicking right along. I was wondering if someone could help me. Iwould like to find where I could get package's of Black bees like Midnight or Russian. I just want to try somthing different but I still like the Italians.  Thanks for any help :?

you could try NWC's if you could find some

or you could see if Michael Bush would sell a package, he sales queens but not sure about packages, you could get one of MB queens and some packages bee's from somewhere else, Im going to post a picture off MB 's site,  these are pretty bee's, I might have to get me one ;)

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Black Bees
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 07:55:01 am »
I plan to have mostly black queens in June.

Pictures on here: www.bushfarms.com
read "Feral Bees" and "Feral Stock Queens For Sale"

Click on the thumbnails for bigger pictures.

Maybe something like this:

http://www.bushfarms.com/images/BlackBees.jpg
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline beecowboy

• New Bee
Black Bees
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 12:45:31 pm »
Last year I ordered bees from Bolling but didn't hear from them.  Called and they said it would be later when they would get them out.  Never did hear anything else.  Good thing I didn't pre-pay or else I would have been in the boat with some of the rest.

Offline LEAD PIPE

• House Bee
Black Bees
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 03:45:24 am »
I got one of Michael's queens in late Oct 2005 and my bees are now all black. If you look close enough you can still see a faint stripe pattern on some of them. At first it was a bit strange having black bees but now that I'm used to it. I think it's nice to be different than every one around me. They must be hardy because the hive was very week going into the winter and they made it through fine. Many strong Italian hives around me didn’t make it and a few guys are watching my black bees very carefully to see their honey production.

Be careful though you know what they say about black bees, you never go back.

anything