Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My neighbors...  (Read 5349 times)

Offline YpsiBee2015

• New Bee
Re: My neighbors...
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 03:00:36 pm »
Why does everyone have to have "that" neighbor. 3 or four of my immediate neighbors have chickens. I think its great. Maybe we can trade eggs for honey :)

I am making a strong effort to "water" my bees in my yard, so they don't go for all of the chicken waterers and possible sting or annoy neighbors.

Offline rookie2531

• Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 04:11:48 pm »
Jim, next time he ask you what is next on your agenda, just tell him " minding my own business." And everyone else should do the same. The world is getting too full of haters for me to be nice anymore. Either that or I'm getting old and grumpy. :-)

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 05:47:57 pm »
I'm sorry you've got a neighbor like that.  Nothing makes you appreciate a good neighbor, like a bad neighbor.  I'd keep giving them honey.  The wife likes honey and is undoubtedly a calming influence on him.  Happy wife, happy life
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 05:49:47 pm »
next time it is brought up ask

What difference it would make. get them to describe their fears so that can be countered in an informed and locial mannor

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 11:06:27 pm »
Jim, next time he ask you what is next on your agenda, just tell him " minding my own business." And everyone else should do the same. The world is getting too full of haters for me to be nice anymore. Either that or I'm getting old and grumpy. :-)
I will keep that in mind.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 11:08:50 pm »
I'm sorry you've got a neighbor like that.  Nothing makes you appreciate a good neighbor, like a bad neighbor.  I'd keep giving them honey.  The wife likes honey and is undoubtedly a calming influence on him.  Happy wife, happy life
Usually but he is never happy.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 11:12:16 pm »

What difference it would make. get them to describe their fears so that can be countered in an informed and locial mannor
Jay,
It has been 6 years now. There are more words in the above quote than we have spoke together that whole time. I speak to his wife from time to time but never him.
Jim

Ben Franklin

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 09:10:01 am »
Maybe it is time America starts talking. not arguing.

look how we have allowed ourselves to be divided

me too!

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2015, 10:59:05 am »
Closed minded, short sighted, obnoxious people have always been there and aren't something new, although today's technology with the advent of social media gives them additional opportunity to vent their spleen...but they have always been there and I would bet they are at about the same % of the population now as they were 50 years ago.....but as population numbers and density have increased the likelihood of meeting and dealing with these morons seems to have increased even though as a % of the total population that are likely still at the same numbers.

Thicken the skin a little and deal with them as you would a bully....don't let them bait you and "kill" them with kindness while not letting them upset you or cause you to overreact and they will move onto their next crisis or pet peeve and forget about you and your bees when no incidents arise to fuel the flames.
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary

Offline Candiebears

• House Bee
    • Candiebees
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 09:06:16 am »

Doesn't work Like that with these people.. You can't 'teach' them anything.. They already know it all.
Bee patient with me... I just started this March of 2015..

You can follow my excursions on... www.candiebees.com

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2015, 11:25:27 pm »

Doesn't work Like that with these people.. You can't 'teach' them anything.. They already know it all.
So you do know my neighbor. 😄
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline biggraham610

• Field Bee
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2015, 12:04:04 pm »
I don't know him, but he sounds like a real Prick. Glad I don't know him and glad he aint my neighbor. Probably would have been more than words exchanged. You are a better man than me Jim. G
"The Bees are the Beekeepers"