Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Removal for houses  (Read 2472 times)

Offline mtman1849

• Assistant Social Director
  • House Bee
Removal for houses
« on: August 17, 2008, 07:29:59 pm »
I don't see the problem with removing from and out building.  But what about when someone has a hive in the walls of there house.
How do u get by without be held liable for damages.   Taking a wall apart is alot easier than putting it back together.   I really would like to get all the bees i can but don't want to give beekeeper a bad name in the process.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: Removal for houses
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 07:44:36 pm »
You have a FIRM understanding (contract) with the home owner before you start. The cutout that I have done, the home owner begged me to come and paid me as well.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline mtman1849

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 07:48:59 pm »
thanks for the reply I found a simlar post on another page.  Ok let me make sure I have it straight get a contract make hole causing as little damage as possible. Let home owner get professional to repair whole?

Offline Bill W.

• House Bee
    • Bees by the Sea
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 08:40:11 pm »
That about sums it up.  Try to limit the damage you do to something you can afford to pay for if they do decide to sue you.  If somebody seems like a jerk or doesn't appear to understand what you are going to do to their house, walk away.

I make them read and sign this:
http://www.beesbythesea.com/Bees_by_the_Sea_Apiary/Hive_Removal_files/Cut-out%20Removal%20Agreement.pdf

I doubt it would be much protection in court, but it does help to avoid misunderstandings, which are what will most likely put you in court in the first place.

Offline mtman1849

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 08:47:54 pm »
Thank you very much that will do quiet nicely

anything