Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 1356 times)

Offline JackM

• Field Bee
Thank you
« on: October 10, 2012, 09:48:41 am »
Well I guess I made it through the year, ready for winter which is supposed to start on Friday.   In particular I need to express thanks to Kathy and Alicia, who have been patient and tolerated my insecure emails and assisted me through this first year.

I never intended on taking honey this year, but had to, just so the hives didn't get too tall.  I harvested 5 gallons between the two hives.  Been fun, educational, and at times hard work.

We started with 2 packages, one of which had a bad queen and I killed her off and combined her staff with a local nuc, which has been stupendous.  That hive alone was 3 gallons.  Learned how not to make the bees mad when I inspect, learned I am indeed allergic to an extent of bees, but not dangerously so...yet.  So I have to suit up and wear gloves every time so I don't get stings.  I still get lax and do some stuff without suiting up like filling the top hive feeders.

Anyhow, thanks to all of ya, even if you weren't my mentor, I probably learned something to do or not to do from most of you.  Have a great winter.  Lets see what I have left come spring.
Jack of all trades
Master of none.

Offline Rodger J.

• New Bee
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 10:34:11 am »
Good job. My first year and I got 5 gals also. Yea us! Now lets get them through the winter.  ;)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Thank you
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 12:49:21 pm »
your emails have been fine!  i thought your questions were pretty well thought out, and most of the time you found your own solutions.  glad things have gone well and lets hope for a short winter and long spring!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

anything