Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Pikeville, TN  (Read 5591 times)

Offline thebeeladyintn

• New Bee
    • The Bee Lady in TN
Greetings from Pikeville, TN
« on: May 01, 2008, 06:07:31 pm »
Hello, I'm the bee lady in TN.  I started out in beekeeping by helping my uncle when I was a kid.  I started keeping my own bees when I lived in South Carolina.  I lived on the edge of the Great Swamp Sanctuary in Colleton County.  I sold all of my hives when I moved to Tennessee.  2 big U-hauls, each one pulling a trailer of stuff.  I drove my car and we hired a driver.  No room for bee hives.  I have lived here for 2 years.  I have had up to 40 hives but now I have 11.  Having to start over again.  I have some 3 banded Italians but I really like the Russian bees and plan to eventually keep only Russians.  I choose my onscreen name because it is the same name that I use on my myspace page.  Might as well be consistent.  I am a official beekeeper now but before I retired when I had my first  and only kid at a late age, I used to work at the Godard Air and Space Center in MD.  I moved to South Carolina to go back to college again at 40 years old.  I graduated again from college, but now I would like a simpler, gentler way of life.  So I live in a town so small that if you yawn while driving through you will miss it.  The county is primarily agriculture with food, beef and sheep producers.  I love it.  I am married to a wonderful man who is a Owner Operator Professional Truck Driver who is never hardly home now cause of diesel prices.  I have a 11 year old son, who helps me out with the bees and 3 dogs and 5 cats.  I love bees and I find them the most endearing, intriguing and fascinating little creatures that God ever created.  Well that's me in a nutshell.

Offline thebeeladyintn

• New Bee
    • The Bee Lady in TN
Re: Greetings from Pikeville, TN
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 09:25:37 pm »
Well, I am new to this forum, but I am not new to beekeeping, so I am feeling a little slighted with not one word of welcome from anyone........................ :?

Offline Kimbrell

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 11:37:41 pm »
Hi bee lady!
I'm from the Crossville area.  It's nice to hear I'm not the only woman around here who keeps bees.  I hope you enjoy this forum.  It is a fabulous place to learn and get answers to your questions.  Welcome :)

Offline thebeeladyintn

• New Bee
    • The Bee Lady in TN
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 11:57:50 pm »
Thanks Kimbrel,

the welcome was much appreciated.

The real live and in person bee lady from Tn

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 12:13:46 am »
Hello Beelady, Welcome to the Beemaster forums. I am sure you will enjoy your new home away from home. We look forward to reading your posts. If you get a chance try out our ventrilo voice chat.

Offline thebeeladyintn

• New Bee
    • The Bee Lady in TN
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 12:28:38 am »
I think that I might know FatBeeMan from another place.  We'll see.  Thnaks for the welcome.

The real live and in person Bee Lady from TN

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 01:07:39 am »
Hello Beelady

My name is Annette and I am from Placerville California. I started beekeeping April 2006 with only 1 hive. Now I have 2. It has been a whirlwind experience for me and very challenging. I had many obstacles to overcome with the bees and still there are always issues going on. Just found out I have one hive with a laying worker so I am dealing with that now.

But overall I am truly enjoying this hobby and hope to continue for many, many more years. My biggest problems are physical as I am not very strong and have many disabilities, such as bad back, much pain in my body etc.  But I lift those supers myself and just carry one. I am very determined to do this and I truly love being alone with the bees. I put my heart into taking care of them.

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to beekeeping. You must have a lot of knowledge to share with us here.
Take care and stay in touch
Annette

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 07:26:19 am »
Well, I am new to this forum, but I am not new to beekeeping, so I am feeling a little slighted with not one word of welcome from anyone........................ :?
You gotta give us a chance! Many of us only get on here once a day - for me it's with my morning coffee.
So "Hello" and "Welcome!"

I'm glad you found us. Most of our new members are completely new to beekeeping. With all your experience, I'm sure you'll have a lot to add to our discussions. I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures with bees. It's always interesting to me to read about the experiences of beekeepers in different parts of the country (and different countries).

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 09:15:34 am »
Welcome beelady, wait to you get the welcome treatment from Cindi aka the welcoming committee president. She will sock it to you in the welcoming department, just make sure you have your seatbelt on, ok.

Glad to see you here.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 10:58:33 am »
BeeLady, welcome to our forum, Indy is right, many of us only get a chance to get on the forum sometimes once a day, maybe twice a day, your welcoming is coming.  So don't feel like you have been missed out on, you are important, it is so wonderful to have the new members come here, and we value your presence, hee, hee, and yeah!!!   You will find out that some of us here on our forum are very funny people, and JP and I always kid with each other, he is a funnnnnneee dude.

You have given us an excellent lowdown of what you are and have been up to.  I bet you will have experiences and stories that you can tell us and will tell us.  Your interest and love the the honeybee shines through, what a beautiful thing.

You were very fortunate as a young lady to be able to help your Uncle with his bees, now you have your Son, who will help you, isn't life just a wonderful thing and marvelous at how things come around.  I love that you live in a tiny little town that if you sneeze when you go through, you would miss it.  That is a way that some day I would want to live, I love to be in small towns, there is just something that makes them very special.  Thank you for your wonderful intro.  Tell us more stories as you get time, and if you have questions, bring' em on!!!  We love to answer questions (we are also nosey, that is me, Ms. Nosey, hee, hee, and love to hear life stories and experiences).  Also, bring on some pictures when and if you have them, we love those too.  Now.....have that most beautiful and most wonderful day, groove on this groovey life we all live, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 10:59:47 am »
Welcome beelady, wait to you get the welcome treatment from Cindi aka the welcoming committee president. She will sock it to you in the welcoming department, just make sure you have your seatbelt on, ok.
Glad to see you here.
...JP

JP, as always!!!  YOu make me wanna laugh, you make me wanna shout, I like the sprite in you-ou!!!!  Have the best of this wonderful day, dude.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline thebeeladyintn

• New Bee
    • The Bee Lady in TN
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 06:16:00 pm »
I'm a lady, not a dude Cindi.   And a real lady, I might add.

Anna, the real live and in person lady from TN

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 12:39:58 am »
I'm a lady, not a dude Cindi.   And a real lady, I might add.
Anna, the real live and in person lady from TN

Anna, you misunderstood, I was not calling you a dude, I was talking to my pal, JP.  I know that you are a lady because of the name of your avitar, and it is so nice to hear that you are a real lady from TN, and again, I love your introduction.  Beautiful, have that beautiful day, Cindi

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 10:56:44 pm »
thebeeladyintn  Welcome and sorry.  I get called away a lot when I'm online and by the time I get back from what ever the perceived emergency is I forget where I was or the system times out from inactivity.  So sorry I don't mean to seem like I slighted you.  I don't know much and am always willing to just watch and learn. :-D
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 10:45:34 am »
thebeeladyintn  Welcome and sorry.  I get called away a lot when I'm online and by the time I get back from what ever the perceived emergency is I forget where I was or the system times out from inactivity.  So sorry I don't mean to seem like I slighted you.:-D

aq33010. I don't get why you said that, I reread all the posts in this topic and there was nothing here that you could have slighted anyone about  :? :? :?  Have a beautiful and most wonderful day, lovin' this life we all share.  Cindi

Offline beewhisper

• New Bee
Hi Beelady
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 02:07:15 pm »
Hi Beelady!
Welcome to the forum. Gladd to have fellow southern beekeepers on here.Maybe I can learn something from you. How is the Poplar flow going in your area so far? Do you get any sourwood honey in your area?
                                                                                    Full Suppers
                                                                                    Beewhisper

anything