Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
GREETINGS/TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF / Greetings from Ancient Olympia.
« Last post by loner on Today at 04:54:16 PM »
Hello fellow bee keepers.
I'm an amateur bee keeper and i would like to learn more about bees and their nature.
I am at the tail end of the flow. Still some wildflowers and the chinese tallow tree. I am thinking that if I am going to focus on planting things that bloom during the dearth. I know it will not totally feed the bees but it can't hurt. I also have a lot of lavender that is fixing to bloom.
I've seen bees on sunflowers and I've also seen them ignore them. I guess it depends on what else is blooming.
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Honeybees and Sunflowers
« Last post by paus on Today at 04:15:33 PM »
I have a sunflower question also, I planted lots of borage and about a quarter acre of lemon queen sunflowers.  They are blooming profusely but my bees are not touching them, only bumble bees.  The flowers are beautiful.  Are any seed companies treating seed with systemic pesticides.  I am at a loss, the bees are working something but not the sunflowers or Borage.
Terrorist attacks are happening regularly and then you had another attack against Muslims. Does anyone think this will spiral out of control soon?
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Botulism and honey
« Last post by bwallace23350 on Today at 03:48:25 PM »
According to my pediatrician 1 year is the recommended waiting level. I think I am still going to wait to his 2nd birthday and then give him some of his dad's honey on his cake. That way it is special for me and him.
I planted some sunflowers. Beautiful plants that are not starting to flower. The bees flock to them. Are they a good nectar source. If they are I was thinking of planting several hundred to help out in our dearth time of year.
I made some Italian queens with 3  langstroth full of bees frames, then I gave the nucs some hatching bee frames,  after two days the bees in 3 hives had clustered on the queen snd they were forbidding the queens to lay eggs,  does anyone have any info about that?

Sent from my D6502 using Tapatalk

GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Cull question
« Last post by jtcmedic on Today at 01:27:34 PM »
OK here's the dilemma nuc added in feb new have built out five frames and started and the medium2 of 10 built, but  stalled  is  my weakest hive of 4.  the queen is laying but  spotty compared to my other 3.my question is should I split this and cull the queen and let them make new in each side and have a better chance at next year? Or just cull and add a egg frame from my strong and let them fix with out splitting, thanks for help
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
anything