Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New member, south east qld  (Read 1900 times)

Offline TerraByte

• New Bee
New member, south east qld
« on: January 05, 2012, 08:05:29 pm »
Hi everyone, 
I have planted up my yard (3/4 acre) in narangba with various fruit trees and lots of veges but I am having a lot of pollination problems.  I am really interested in getting a native bee hive but I am new to bees and really don't know what type of hive to get or where to get one.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Keep Smiling

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: New member, south east qld
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 08:10:31 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  There are several beeks from down under here on the forum that you can get with.    If there someone close to. they might be looking for another bee yard.

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 10:34:11 pm »
Welcome to the site!

Offline TerraByte

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 08:31:52 pm »
Thanks  :)

I hope to learn a lot more about native bees,  Although they don't give a great deal of honey I like the fact that they are stingless.

Steve
Keep Smiling

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 10:25:55 am »
Hello Terra,

I got my stingless bees yesterday from someone listed on this site. http://www.aussiebee.com.au/keepingstinglessbees.html    Now I have to learn about them too.  You should get the right bees for your area.

Lone

Offline ShaneJ

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 05:25:35 am »
Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. I'm just up the road at Burpengary. I have some native bee hives here if you wanted a close up look. I don't have any for sale though.

If you do end up getting some native bees, make sure you get the Trigona carbonaria which are more suited for around here. They are pretty much set and forget so you don't need t o knot a lot about them.
Shane