Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lega 6 Frame electric extractor HELP!!  (Read 6383 times)

Offline Anybrew2

• House Bee
Lega 6 Frame electric extractor HELP!!
« on: April 29, 2014, 11:54:35 pm »
Hello, does anyone out there have a Lega 6 frame electric extractor???????????????
I have one and I think I lost a part out of it but I am unsure.

The problem with it is the shaft (that the baskets are attached to)sits to low into the Nylon hole in the bottom of the extractor. So the roll pin on the top of the shaft does not mate up with the notches that come down from the motor.  So it free spins not turning the baskets.

I shimmed it up from the bottom and it works, however it starts to generate heat and squeal like a stuck pig.

Mmm maybe there should be a ball bearing that sits in the bottom nylon hole for the shaft to rotate on ummmmmm hopefully someone has one out there.

Thanks heaps I hope

Offline yantabulla

• House Bee
Re: Lega 6 Frame electric extractor HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 05:19:50 am »
Andrew my 3 frame hand operated one has a small nylon disc in the hole you are talking about.  Sounds like you have lost that.  Did you turn it upside down or similar.  Maybe cut a piece ot of a nylon cutting board and replace.

Offline Anybrew2

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:07:23 am »
Yantabulla, thanks mate, I pressure cleaned the hell out of it late last year and got it out last week to extract and found the issue. Not a bad idea about the nylon chopping board idea thanks.

I must have blasted something out of that recess where the shaft rotates.

Cheers
Steve

Offline yantabulla

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 07:16:20 am »
it's just that i extracted a few weeks ago then left the extractor upside down to drain.  when i picked it up i noticed a small bit of plastic

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 01:32:46 pm »
My extractor 18 frame, has a 1/4" ball bearing in the bottom. It is about the same size as the ones that they sell for slingshot ammo.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Anybrew2

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 06:55:06 pm »
Hey Jim, Thanks. I still think that could be the answer. The hole is about a 1/4 as well. A bearing sitting in there hopefully shouldn't generate any heat or if it does very little. 

I will see what I can find laying around.

Thanks
Steve

Offline Nico

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 07:16:33 pm »
Hi Steve,
I think Jim is on the ball ( bearing ) there, don't forget the lubrication.
Nico

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 07:22:44 pm »
Jim, not sure that selling slingshot ammo is legal here! When the old bloke goes to the newsagency to get big rubber bands to put around the honey buckets for straining, he asks for shanghai rings.  The poor girls don't know what he's talking about.

We have a ball bearing down there, Steve, and put vaseline on it.

Lone

Offline Anybrew2

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 08:17:24 pm »
Yo Lone, um I kinda bought some in Bundy last year :roll:
I can't buy it down this way because we might hurt ourselves with our illegal Shanghai's.

Yep yep on the ball bearing fanks. I found one in the shed....I'm trying to work out where It came from. Maybe its the missing ball bearing in question.

Cheers
Steve

Offline Anybrew2

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 02:02:23 am »
The ball bearing was the wrong size, but yes there is supposed to be one in there. I bought the extractor second hand and I have been using it for two seasons. 
When I last cleaned it, I cleaned the S%^t out of it, and yep that little hole in the bottom was full of a bunch of junk.

It makes me think that the previous owner stuffed junk in there to raise the shaft up and me the Clean Fairy(darn I would make a ugly fairy) cleaned it out toooo much.
My son reminded me about the Junk I whinged about finding in there. :roll:

Anyway there is a better a better fix for me, Lega in Italy are sending me a new type of bottom bearing thing that is a real sealed bearing which the shaft will rest in.

Thanks guys I might go do some dusting. :angel:

Offline yantabulla

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 06:35:37 am »
Cool

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 12:09:16 am »
Glad you are able to get it fixed.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Anybrew2

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 12:31:24 am »
Yeah me to Jim as it is a pretty good unit,and appears to have done little work. Probably because of that missing little bearing.

Cheers
Steve

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 07:40:45 am »
I do all my own repairs and over the years I have bought a lot of tools cheap because the did not work. I would take them home and fix them for almost nothing. One time i looked at a drill motor at a yard sale and asked the owner to plug it in to prove it worked. The motor ran but the chuck would not turn. He lowered it to a dollar because it did not work. I bought figuring I could fix it. I took it home, put a screw driver bit in it. It would not turn until I inadvertently put pressure on it. It was a sheet rock screw driver. It was designed that way.
There was nothing wrong with it.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline Anybrew2

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 10:40:48 am »
hahah. One man trash can be another mans treasure.

Cheers
Steve

anything