Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fat Stanley?  (Read 10561 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Fat Stanley?
« on: February 23, 2008, 11:34:04 am »
Some kid had a school project and my wife said we had to lug this little guy around and place him in various settings and take pictures so the kid would get an A. I think his name was fat Stanley or something...

....JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Fat Stanley?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 12:41:56 pm »
JP, OK, that was pretty nice, but at the same time, kind of unusual.  Have a wonderful and great day, love life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 01:30:47 pm »
That would be FLAT Stanley and we did it for my Graddaughter's class!  Here is Flat Stanley with me at work, my DH, with my sidekick Buddy

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:50:34 am »
Sharon, ha, ha, that was funneee, now there is quite a difference between fat and flat Stanley for sure.  Nice pictures, but the picture of your dog didn't show up as one that could be enlarged, only the url.  Now that picture of your Husband, in the background, the white flower, is that the sweet potato vine or a cousin to it or something, very pretty anyways.  I see your face isn't swelled anymore, hee, hee, haw, haw, that was a funnnnneeee picture of your bee stung face!!! Have a wonderful, awesome day, love life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline jimmyo

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 09:13:41 am »
My niece's little girl sent me a flat stanley.  I dressed him in a bee suit and put him in a hive as a bee inspector. 

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 09:31:21 am »
Jimmyo, hey, that was a really great idea!!!  Have a wonderful and great day, love life. Cindi

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 11:45:53 am »
LOL, yes that Flat Stanley gets around doesn't he?  Each child in the class gets a Stanley to color.  They are instructed to send him off to family or friends whom lives some distance away.  The recipients shoot pics of Stanley with the recipients...Then the rec writes a little note about where the pics was taken etc...then the kids all get Stanley back and put them on the wall along with a map etc...They talk about where Stanley went.  I didn't have a hive back then (about  a yr ago )...That would have been a great idea though!

My face is all normal now, thank heavens.  The pic I took for you folks wasn't as bad as it looked the day of!!  Oh I looked something horrible! So did Gio!  LOL

Love to all

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 11:07:03 am »
Did it w/ nephew and Flat Stanley was in the hive among other places. Jail, cockpiot of plane, Pictured w. Mitt romney, etc awesome project for kids.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 11:16:13 am »
Did it w/ nephew and Flat Stanley was in the hive among other places. Jail, cockpiot of plane, Pictured w. Mitt romney, etc awesome project for kids.

Well, where's the pics??

....JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 11:30:49 am »
My sons class has a stuffed animal that they each get a turn taking home for a weekend.  The stuffed animal has a diary and they have to write about there adventures each day.   Low and behold this years stuffed animal was a bee :-D.  So we had to do a little extra.   My wife has a beekeeper teddy bear that we borrowed a veil from and in addition to writing in the diary, we also made a simple webpage to share with the class.

http://bushkillfarms.com/buzz/
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 01:36:05 pm »
Oh my gosh Robo, That was too cute!!!! So adorable.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 03:28:16 pm »

Well, where's the pics??

....JP

I'll have to see actually as wife took care of downloading and sending to the kid. I took hive pics and jail pics. Sitting on stainless steel one piece toilet! Now i have a mission to do...

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 08:58:25 pm »
My sons class has a stuffed animal that they each get a turn taking home for a weekend.  The stuffed animal has a diary and they have to write about there adventures each day.   Low and behold this years stuffed animal was a bee :-D.  So we had to do a little extra.   My wife has a beekeeper teddy bear that we borrowed a veil from and in addition to writing in the diary, we also made a simple webpage to share with the class.

http://bushkillfarms.com/buzz/

Man Rob, some of those pics are just hysterical, loved it!!!

....JP

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 07:50:11 pm »
Flat Stanley at the hive-check out his veil the wife made!

Flat Stanley in Cockpit on way to Florida

Jail house tiolet

Sheriffs Department Checkpoint

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 07:53:34 pm »
LOL Flat Stanley on the potty!

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 10:13:08 pm »
Flat Stanley's a Red Sox fan, huh?  :lol:

I love the veil!  I'll bet not many Flat Stanleys have been beekeepers!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 10:19:12 pm »
Did Flat Stanley get arrested??

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 11:27:55 am »
Flat Stanley's a Red Sox fan, huh?  :lol:

This Nephew lives in Rhode Island an unforunatley part of Red Sox Nation!

Did Flat Stanley get arrested??

No, I had him participate in the "Scared Straight Program."

Theres more pics floating around family. Just so funny. My nephew was astounded by all the really awesome pics we got for him as a family. Pictures w/ politicians, NFL cheerleaders, Paw sox mascot, w/ alligator in florida, scub adiving in Keys.
My only regret was not taking Flat Stanley to Kinko's and having him enlarged for photo ops

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 02:22:44 pm »

Actually there are Yankee fans in RI, it depends on what part of the state you're in.  We had one poor unfortunate Rhode Islander who worked with us (at Stone & Webster, which used to be right in next to Fenway Park, so they're all rabid Red Sox fans) who took constant ribbing about his affiliation. 

I happen to think all baseball fans are a little nuts, I could care less about pro ball of any type.  Overpaid men playing games is all it means to me.  And my eldest has turned into one of those rabid fans - I have no idea where I went wrong with him  ;)

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 11:43:19 am »
I am familiar w/ the Yankees connection to R.I. I have found it is mainly w/ older folks b/c they got NY TV and radio before cable was prevalent. Just an opinion. My father in law is 84 and he is a yankee fan and a giants fan. Why, that was the station he got on his transistor radio in his workshop.(yes i said transistor radio) 8-)