Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: any hunters?  (Read 24142 times)

Offline Hi-Tech

• Field Bee
    • talkhunting.com
any hunters?
« on: July 16, 2008, 01:24:12 am »
www.talkhunting.com is a site like this one....
Computer Tech, Beekeeper, Hunter = Hi-Tech Redneck
talkhunting.com

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
Re: any hunters?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 04:47:58 am »
Dallas should post his Deer story on there

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 01:05:48 pm »
I hunt with the bow, black powder and rifle, my favorite is black powder. I am not what you would call a "killer". I take a deer here or there and really enjoy watching them more than anything.

I use a trail camera and have lots of fun seeing what it captures.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 01:23:55 am »
   Hope to see some good threads! 
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 01:30:41 am »
   Hope to see some good threads! 

I started one last yr entitled any bowhunters?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Hi-Tech

• Field Bee
    • talkhunting.com
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 10:39:08 am »
I do not believe in soliciting activity to another forum site so please dont think thats what i was trying to do. This is where i come for my bee info and it is the only site i am a member of for bee info. I go to talkhunting.com for hunting talk and was just courious how many beekeepers were also hunters.
talkhunting.com

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 11:23:34 am »
I do not believe in soliciting activity to another forum site so please dont think thats what i was trying to do. This is where i come for my bee info and it is the only site i am a member of for bee info. I go to talkhunting.com for hunting talk and was just courious how many beekeepers were also hunters.

We have a section on here entitled outdoor activities and this is where this sort of thing is discussed. We talk about a lot of different topics here on the forums, as long as the topics are kept in their proper location everything is cool and sometimes there may be a little cross over but its all good.

...JP

Offline Hi-Tech

• Field Bee
    • talkhunting.com
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 10:36:57 am »
Cool!!! I will work out of there!
talkhunting.com

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 10:44:45 am »
Cool!!! I will work out of there!

;)

...JP

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 04:46:18 am »
I've taken more deer with my semi than I have with a bow or rifle.  Gunna give it another try this modern firearm season.  A friend from work and I will be heading up to my folks' property up in Darrington, WA for the famous Columbian Blacktail Deer (only found on the west coast from norther cali to southern alaska, a relative to the mule deer).  Will set up camp at their property on the Saulk river and then 4x4 up the logging roads into the mountains.  I haven't been hunting in almost 11 years and am really looking forward to this trip!  Went to the range earlier today and last monday to make sure I remembered how to shoot my 30-06.  Got it zero'ed in and am ready to go!!! Cant wait!!!!!

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 09:22:53 am »
last night I had 11 does/fawns and 6 bucks within 50yards of my house

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 10:46:17 am »
Good luck Sean, I'm starting to get the fever myself, Oct 1 is right around the corner.

Danno, I have some kin in Magnolia, Ms that see deer every day on their 30 acres, in fact right in front of the house.

My aunt walks out with her white shrimping boots and pail of corn and feeds 'em, every day.

They have a pond that's a dud, but the deer love it, and this is where they come, evey day.

...JP

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 07:15:14 pm »
Because I drive tractor trailer for a construction company I usually work too much during hunting season to get out very much. This year was slow so I figured I'd get out for the first time in many years then I found out I had colon cancer. I was VERY lucky because it was early detection and they got it all but was unable to hunt because I was on the mend. Next year I'll be out with my muzzleloader and rifle. I learned the hard way that there is more to life than working your butt off and not enjoying your stay here on planet earth. Life is too short for that sort of thinking.  :-D
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline steveouk

• House Bee
  • A Brit living in the USA
    • Steve's Bees
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 09:28:09 pm »
I'm looking to get into Falconry this coming year. I like the notion of Hawk and Man working together to catch game

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 09:41:33 pm »
I have not hunted in five years. I enjoy rabbit, squirrel, and small game, mainly for the social aspects. I normally could care less if I get anything as long as it was a good day out in the woods.

On the other hand, I'm competitive when I did hunt for deer. First buck, biggest, most points, etc., were always at play with the guys. Last buck was about 5 years ago, ironically about the same time we had a daughter...Hmmm. :roll:
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 09:02:05 am »
I'm looking to get into Falconry this coming year. I like the notion of Hawk and Man working together to catch game

Its just like man with shotgun and beagle only in this case your the beagle

Offline MacfromNS

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 09:09:27 am »
I'm lucky to be able to go moose hunting this fall. We don't have a lot of moose in Nova Scotia so you have to draw a tag and only a week long season.
The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling.
And even more beautiful is knowing that you are the reason behind it!!!
Mac

Offline Cockatoo

• House Bee
  • Sailing on silver wings
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 09:51:00 am »
I harvest one, maybe two a season.
But I generally just take my camera and photograph the wildlife.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 09:53:44 pm »

That means you're going to be getting into pigeons to train your hawk.  Make sure you get a permit to obtain a nestling from your local game and wildlife department.
Falconry has a rush all it's own.

I've taken more deer with my semi than I have with a bow or rifle.  Gunna give it another try this modern firearm season.  a friend from work and I will be heading up to my folks' property up in Darrington, WA for the famous Columbian Blacktail Deer (only found on the west coast from norther cali to southern alaska, a relative to the mule deer).  Will set up camp at their property on the Saulk river and then 4x4 up the logging roads into the mountains.  I haven't been hunting in almost 11 years and am really looking forward to this trip!  Went to the range earlier today and last monday to make sure I remembered how to shoot my 30-06.  Got it zero'ed in and am ready to go!!! Cant wait!!!!!

Sean Kelly

Done  some hunting on the Saulk back in the day, grew up in the Darrington Arlington area; hunted everything from squirrels to bear and everything in between.  Back in the 50's there was an Old Guy by the name of B'ar Reese, he got his name from his habit of trapping a bear in a big cage mounted on a stone boat and hawling it back down to his farm to fatten up on corn and such.  That yearly bear was his winter meat.  Bear bacon and hams.  Did it up to a few years before he died.

HiTech, good see see you posting on the forum again.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline GaryMinckler

• House Bee
    • Honeybees and Beekeeping
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 05:27:04 pm »
I love turkey hunting...Spring and Fall.  It's all about the calling.

anything