Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New to the bee world.  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
New to the bee world.
« on: August 29, 2007, 08:31:56 pm »
Hello, my son and I are interested in getting into the bees. We live in SE Colorado and have just ordered are first hives, no bees yet. I found a beekeeper in the area and he has been a great help in answering all my questions and getting started. Tried some of his honey and now I fdont want any from the store. Just wanted to say Hi!

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: New to the bee world.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 09:45:27 pm »
Hi Shawn
Welcome to the Beemaster forum! My son and I took up Beekeeping last year.We have learned a lot,but are eager to learn a lot more.You will always find a helping hand here if you need it.
Come back often!                                                          Ken

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 02:43:13 pm »
welcome.  you guys are really smart to learn before you start.  i sure would have avoided a lot of mistakes if i'd spent some time in a bee yard before i started!  also great that your son is interested.  it's a great family thing.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 10:22:09 am »
Shawn, a little late, but welcome!!!  Great that you are doing a family thing with your son, you're going to love the world of bees (and our forum).  Have a wonderful day, beauty of a life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 12:05:21 pm »
Welcome Shawn,  plenty of advice for newbees throughout the forum.   One thing that is often overlooked is the value of having a marked queen.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 01:54:44 pm »
Welcome to the forum!!!!
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 10:22:38 pm »
Welcome, welcome!
No, supermarket honey never tastes the same.

Just wait till you get the bees and the obsession kicks in on high!  You'll have a whole yard full of hives!  It happened to me....

:) Rick
Rick

anything