Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: First month old package inspection  (Read 6456 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
First month old package inspection
« on: April 09, 2005, 08:54:50 pm »
well these hives where installed on the march 11 2005, after they were installed some drifted and 1 of the 2 hives got a big head start . I thought i might share with some of you that hasnt started yet are just starting your packages, remember these hives where installed 16 hours apart

this is the strong hive that he has already put a second brood chamber on, the first pic has the queen in it.

the queens is in the left center at bottom

this is a pic of another hive that the bees drifted to the strong hive after installed, the hives where installed 16 hours apart with the strongest hive (now) being first. first pic is on the 6th frame that has been drawn out, there are 5 frames with capped brood , just havent hatch out yet, the queen is in the first pic. the cells are full of eggs in the 1st pic below.

queen is in the left center at top

hope this wasnt to many pics to post , just thought they would give someone a idea what to look for ,  these are the kona queens, do any of you old pro's see anything wrong with these pic's?
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Ed M.

• New Bee
    • http://www.honeybeekeeping.com
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 09:20:55 am »
They're "LOOKING GOOD"

I noticed that you're using the pre-made all plastic frames.  What's your opinion of them?
I used to have a handle on life but I've lost my grip.
http://www.honeybeekeeping.com

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 12:32:21 pm »
well so for I think there great, these are pierco 1 piece frames and they seem to be well accepted by the bee's, I really like the part about open the box and drop them in the hive body, no assembly required  :lol:, I really like the black because it is no problem seeing the eggs or small larva. I still have good eye sight but i believe even someone with bad eye site could see these. the frame are really strong but this is my first year useing them so I could give you a better opinion at the end of the year. :wink:
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 12:59:28 pm »
Those do have a big diff. I noticed the other day that my bees are starting to make small amounts of honey. I think it is sugar syrup and maybe a bit of nectar but its a start, bye :D
Ryan Horn