Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Palm Tree Swarm  (Read 2550 times)

Offline blanc

• House Bee
Palm Tree Swarm
« on: May 27, 2012, 12:58:16 am »
This was a week old swarm I happened to find out about from my son on facebook from some friends we know and they were the nicest bees yet. They swarmed on me a day later but caught them in a tree near by and they settled down and feeling at home now.

Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Palm Tree Swarm
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 09:25:37 am »
Cage up that queen to keep them if they do not want to stay.   Sweet find on the swarm.

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 09:28:22 am »
Cage up that queen to keep them if they do not want to stay.   Sweet find on the swarm.

..............or give them some brood.

Offline oregonbeeman

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 01:02:32 am »
Nice swarm!

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 07:43:58 pm »
Checked on those beauties yesterday and that queen is laying a good  pattern and are a real calm little bunch  :)
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 07:51:19 pm »
Congrats, nice catch! I had to cut some bees off a palm frond last year. All went great until the wind picked up a bit.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline howardaj31

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 12:15:25 am »
duck shared the idea with me to put a queen excluder between the bottom board and the hive body and essentially turn it into a queen includer.  It has worked well for both him and I when they seem to be a little swarmy