Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Down at the crawdad hole  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Down at the crawdad hole
« on: September 16, 2007, 02:20:19 pm »
Every summer my Grandsons, friends of them, and any kid that wants to come along, we all go down to our favourite little swimming hole and catch the crayfish (catch and release before we leave).  It is great fun, the stream's pools are a little ways down the road from our home, about a 5 minute walk.  I sit up on a tall bank over a culvert and watch these little guys have the time of their life.  I take pictures  :)

This shot is of my oldest Grandson, his friend, and one of our foster boys, they love this beautiful dark place in the woods, and so do the crayfish.  Have a wonderful day, beautiful life we're all livin'.  Cindi

This second picture is a shot of both the crayfish pools.  Very pretty place to spend some cool time on a hot summer's day.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Down at the crawdad hole
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 12:50:43 am »
Cindi, this looks like a place I could spend all day exploring nature and just having a good ole time. What a beautiful place!
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: Down at the crawdad hole
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 07:59:08 am »
What a great place to have so nearby for your kids to explore.  That's what kids need, nature, to learn and to let their imaginations go.  We have nice areas like that near us, too, my youngest spent hours in the woods with his friends playing, exploring, tree climbing, and of course, swimming.