Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: When Cats talk and other wierd stuff  (Read 77114 times)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
When Cats talk and other wierd stuff
« on: February 06, 2008, 11:30:26 pm »
Put this under true but unbelieveable stories.

I was lying in bed, in that la-la land between asleep and half-awake, when I hear the cat speak.  It likes to sleep on my wife's bed when she's not using it.  I swear I heard the cat say, "Mii Muwhat oo go mout,"  over and over for a until I got out of bed and opened the door for it. 

Since then I've heard the dog say,"Bay away, Bay away," and "Bay oout, Bay oout." as it barks at passing pedestrians, animals, and cars.   

I'm now waiting for the goat to great  me with, "Baareckfast,  Baareckfast."  Think the chickens will chime in with "Clunch, Clunch?"

When I start understanding the buzz of the bees instead of just their dance I'm going to commit myself. 
In the bee dance to point the bee begins its dance is the hive, the top of the frame is always north, the bottom south, this makes the front of the hive west and the back of the hive east.  The angle in which they dance from their starting point is the compass direction (sun dial style) from the hive.  Each shake is approximately 100 yards, the more shakes the further the distance, the faster they are the better the nectar source.  If the dance has only one shake the nectar source is under 100 yards from the hive in the direction indicated.  The top of the frame being north is why the bees always dance in opposite directions on opposite sides of the frames as the orientation of the compass has been reversed.  Don't believe me--mark some bees and test it for yourself.  Use a can or jar feeder and begin a short distance from the hive and then keep moving it every day and observe the bee dance each day.  Nice use of an observation hive.

Do you think I'm becoming some kind of pet whisperer?  What were the words from that old Tiny Tim song "Tip Toe Through the Tulips,"  "They're coming to take me away, ha ha, they're coming to take me away, ha ha."

When is an Egg not an Egg?  When it is a musical instrument.   I found this nice blue egg in the kitchen the other day and thought it would make a great dummy for use in the hen house.  A few days later my daughter, who is studying to become a music teacher,  after feeding the chickens and collecting the eggs, comes to me carrying said fake egg which is now covered with doo-doo and says, "Dad, this is a musical instrument." she shakes it and it makes a soft rattling noise from the sand inside.  Go figure!

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Burl

• House Bee
Re: When Cats talk and other wierd stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 01:35:29 am »
No really Brian , chickens are great fans of music .  I asked ours who their favorite composer was , and it was unanimous  "Bach" .  Here's a new line to the old folk song Turkey in the Straw   " We had a little chicky who wouldn't lay an egg , so we poured gun-powder up and down it's leg .  The little chicky cried , and the little chicky begged , and then the rotten little chicky layed a hand-grenade. "  You got any more ?

My favorite leg to pull is a drumstick !        ---Burl---
Of all the things I've ever been called ;
I do like "Dad" the most .   ---Burl---

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 03:28:44 am »
Use a can or jar feeder and begin a short distance from the hive

Have you tried using a feeder and begining  from the hive?
How do the bees say "here, in the hive"?
I´m not sure, but I think that bees go out and them come back, looking for the coordenates, because they ignore the "here". Perhaps in very cold territories bees have developed the concept of "here, at sweet home"" and they don´t go out when you feed.

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 03:48:57 am »
Since then I've heard the dog say,"Bay away, Bay away," and "Bay oout, Bay oout."

I had a rooster that said keekeereekee, keekeereekee (in Spanish kikirikiiii), and repeating and repeating I could hear "sácame de aquí, sácame de aquí" (give me the liberty, give me the Libertyyyyy)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 09:42:58 am »
ok, you made me do it, again! My friend Audry II says:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGRN39oifsE

.....JP  ;)
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 11:05:25 am »
Hmmm....ok Brian, yep, you have officially lost it.  I love to hear you write though, even though you are off the wall.  That was interesting how your animals are speaking, very impressive.  Haven't caught mine yet, but maybe, just maybe one day......

JP that was a sick video, but was pretty interesting, hee, hee.

Abejaruco, I think that is how the roosters in other countries crow.  My Brother-in-Law and my Nephew-in-Law both say that is how their roosters crow.  Keekeereekee.   The both say it identically and I was shocked when I heard this, I am serious!!!!!   I only know the rooster crow as "cockadoodledoo".  How can they be so very different?  They are the same birds, hmmmm.....Have a wonderful and best of this great day, love life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 03:40:31 pm »
I can't train my Chihuahuas because I don't speak Spanish  :roll:
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 04:45:43 pm »
Very funny Jerrymac!!!! Can you teach them in sign language???

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 09:34:20 pm »
The big purple dinosaur on TV is telling the kids to kill their parents. I have heard it twice.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 09:57:21 pm »
It has to be a result of all those head injuries I've suffered over my life time.  But really, it's a true story.

I guess hearing the animals talk makes me an official Dr. Doolittle.  Now besides English, Chinook Jargon, Spanish, Japanese, Thai, and Turkish I can now add Animalese not to mention a shoshi of German and French.  Look Ma, I'm multilingual.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 10:15:49 pm »
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 10:17:48 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz6CAHDFIdo   ;) :-* :roll:
....JP

My chihuahuas like french fries.  :-D
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 12:17:26 am »

Yo quiero papas fritas!

.....JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 01:02:28 am »
Actually, JP, that is a cute little dog. Maybe a new avatar???  Just Kidding!!!!!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 02:17:02 am »
A new avatar Annette? 

.....JP

Offline Paul H

• New Bee
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 09:37:39 am »
What were the words from that old Tiny Tim song "Tip Toe Through the Tulips,"  "They're coming to take me away, ha ha, they're coming to take me away, ha ha."

Are you thinking of Napolean the 14th?

They're coming to take me away,
Haha, they're coming to take me away!
Ho ho, hee hee, ha ha, to the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see those nice young men
In their clean white coats...
And They're coming to take me AWAY!
HA HAAA!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 09:45:15 am »
Brian, its OK, I don't think you are too weird.  I was sitting outside this morning, dark, quiet, the wind blowing my windchimes.  I could hear nothing, then I heard my neighbourhood owl.  He was saying "who cooooooooks for yoooooo".  I told him nobody, but he didn't get it, he just kept asking me, over and over and over......have a wonderful and greatest day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 09:51:49 am »
Brian, its OK, I don't think you are too weird.  I was sitting outside this morning, dark, quiet, the wind blowing my windchimes.  I could hear nothing, then I heard my neighbourhood owl.  He was saying "who cooooooooks for yoooooo".  I told him nobody, but he didn't get it, he just kept asking me, over and over and over......have a wonderful and greatest day, Cindi

Should have asked the owl why he is asking? Don't know if I would trust that owl, think he's got something up his sleeve, well, feathers.  ;)

....JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 05:38:08 pm »
You might be on to something with that last puppy JP!!!!

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 12:25:46 am »

Yo quiero papas fritas!

.....JP

Yo quiero papitas.  it's quicker.

Paul H,
Yeah, that's the one.