Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: taxes and beekeeping  (Read 43348 times)

Offline Modenacart

• House Bee
taxes and beekeeping
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 06:29:56 pm »
It does make sense for everyone else to pay taxes. Besides, they have more.

All theses roads and schools pay for themselves.

Offline LizardKing

• New Bee
Re: taxes and beekeeping
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 03:03:13 pm »
Doesn't really seem fair if some people pay taxes and some don't.
Not to steal the thread.....but if it makes you sleep better at night then by all means...go right ahead. I've been paying taxes since I was 12 years old (what other entity than the federal government would take money from a 12 year old making $22 a week? HUH?) for a total of 45 years now and I have yet to collect a penny in return. Nope, I wont lose any sleep for the couple dollars I keep from some foreign czars coffers.

Shall we enumerate the numbers of citizens who receive money while not paying anything into the system?
How about all the non-citizens who receive lots of money and services for nothing?
Then, I'd like to go over the amount of taxes the "truly rich people club" in this country pay in taxes, of which
our leaders are members, and the benefits and services those people receive from our current system.

With regards to our foreign budget, half of THAT money goes to a single country that is illegal
to boycott by the consumer.
Other countries that consider our country "the enemy" also receive lots of money and benefits.

Then, we can get to the people like you who have paid into the system all their life, but like myself,
who have had things like sickness strike them and are denied the benefits of the 15% of their paycheck
taken from them their whole life by the government.

So, sell a few jars of honey and pay the taxes on it but just know in advance that you will be in an elite
group of less than half a dozen people in the country doing so out of almost 400 million.

In my dealings with the system and government I have been on the bad side of justice and wronged so often that
to balance the scales of justice I'd have to start outright throat slitting a few people
a day to even start tipping scales of justice in the direction of "fairness".

Offline Walt Starr

• New Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 10:06:07 pm »
Just a note on hobbies and taxes. Losses one year in a hobby can be applied to another year where your hobby may actually present a profit that would otherwise be taxable, even though it is from a hobby. Consult a tax professional for more information.

Offline SkipS

• New Bee
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2014, 01:11:36 pm »
If you make enough honey to sell, sell it to individuals for CASH, put it in your pocket and keep your tater trap shut.
The less you involve the Government in anything, the better you'll be in the long run.

I agree 100%

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 02:20:56 pm »
If you make enough honey to sell, sell it to individuals for CASH, put it in your pocket and keep your tater trap shut.
The less you involve the Government in anything, the better you'll be in the long run.

I agree 100%

Always do everything in cash, don't keep any records and if you get audited just say well I destroyed all the records just like Lois Learner...
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline skydiver

• New Bee
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2015, 11:38:48 am »
If you believe the feds are honest with there moneys they steal from us citizens then be honest with them.  :angry:  Just look at Social Security!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline superbee

• New Bee
    • Super Bee Rescue and Removal
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2015, 12:01:37 am »
You may want to consider keeping good records and doing everything on the up and up.  I use my beekeeping expenses as a deduction against my wife's income.  I also get a farm deduction on my CA sales tax.  For example I order all my beekeeping equipment with a bureau of equalization partial tax exemption form and it gets me about a 5% deduction.  For the first couple of years it does not add up to much but if you fall in love with a bug and go big the records will help. 

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 02:36:22 pm »
Always do everything in cash, don't keep any records and if you get audited just say well I destroyed all the records just like Lois Learner...

Or you can state you kept all receipts in your e-mail files...and those were hosted on Hillary's server  :cool:
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary

Offline tycrnp

• House Bee
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 11:20:17 am »
I don't know if this forum is more informative or more entertaining, but either way I love it.   :smile:
Thanks!

Offline Captain776

• House Bee
  • Captain
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2017, 04:37:17 am »
For the minimum amount, you are likely to make.........just put it in your pocket and enjoy..........beat them at their own game.
If you put the money back in the business, as you most likely will, it is not income..........you are just turning money new nto honey
Bought my first NUC April 7, 2016.
Like all you when you first started, I am fascinated with beginning Beekeeping and trying to learn all I can.
I retired May 2015 and have added this to my short list of hobbies.

Offline Captain776

• House Bee
  • Captain
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2017, 03:00:10 am »

Or you can state you kept all receipts in your e-mail files...and those were hosted on Hillary's server  :cool:

thats my defense, I e mailed it to Hillary
Bought my first NUC April 7, 2016.
Like all you when you first started, I am fascinated with beginning Beekeeping and trying to learn all I can.
I retired May 2015 and have added this to my short list of hobbies.

Offline Haveuseen1?

• New Bee
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2019, 04:36:23 pm »
I would guess if you are a business and selling then you may also need State/County/City licenses.