Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: License restricted ROACH poisons??  (Read 154 times)

Offline Sniper338

• House Bee
License restricted ROACH poisons??
« on: April 26, 2017, 01:27:37 PM »
Anyone work for a pesticide company, treatment etc etc?

I need to figure out what good poison to get for small german roaches for in the house.  We built our house a year ago, and for some dang reason we kill about 2 little roaches a day and always around the dishwasher.  Lately its been mostly babies

We got license to buy it..  weve used Talstar, it kills everything but roaches..

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: License restricted ROACH poisons??
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 07:53:32 PM »
Mix boric acid and sugar, 50-50. Place in jar lids in cabinets and around sink and dish washer.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 10:52:40 AM »
Boric acid will kill any crawler that walks through it; ants, roaches, etc, etc.
As an organic acid, like oxalic acid and formic acid, the critters don't develop a chemical resistance to BA like they will Talstar et al.  The may eventually evolve defenses to it, but it's been used for decades now and is still as effective as ever.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 01:16:15 PM »
Boric acid or borax are the best for roaches.  Scatter it around all of your baseboards.  Put a spoon full in all of your sink traps before you go to bed. (roaches need water).  When you get tired of the white on your floor, sweep the borax back under the baseboard and then sweep up what is left.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 01:31:44 PM »
When ever I get a new rug, installed or throw, I sprinkle it with flee stop. It works better than any commercial company coming out and spraying the entire house every month for less than the cost of one spray treatment. If you go to a do it your self chemical supply, they try to sell you something you have to spray every month. When you go back to them and tell them it is not working they then will sell you flee stop as a last resort. Flee stop is nothing more than boric acid ground down to a very fine power. Put it down once and it lasts for ever. If you wash a throw rug, retreat it.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline paus

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 09:51:59 AM »
When I worked in the Middle East I was responsible for the camp an plant area.  We ordered a large portable Mess hall, and It was a mess. 1000;s of roaches everywhere. I had Boric Acid and Powered sugar expressed to us I mixed about a pound of each and sprinkled it in places that can not be swept two weeks no roaches except when we got groceries.  works great.

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 04:14:12 PM »
+10 on the BA. Like Michael said... sprinkle it around the baseboards and you'll be surprised in a matter of days that you don't see any of those nasty critters anymore. 

...DOUG
KD4MOJ