Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wow! Look at all the new members!!  (Read 2341 times)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
Wow! Look at all the new members!!
« on: February 21, 2009, 12:35:12 am »
I am amazed at how many people have become new members here lately!
 I mean, its really GREAT!..I cant even keep up with who's who anymore!!!
Its almost as if beekeeping is starting to be the "Hip" thing to do nowadays!
 I just wanna say welcome to ALL the new members! This beekeeping is such an awesome thing!( I was gonna say Hobby, but theres alotta pros here too!) For me, Its an "All Consuming" adventure! Theres just so much to put into your head when it comes to bees! And, for you who are waiting for bees to show up, whether packages or swarms or digging them outta the wall of a house....Be ready for the thrill of your life! The wait just about wore me out!!...For me, since starting bees 2 years ago..(seems like last week) I have had a whole new world opened up to me! Also, I have a totally different view of life in general....from tiny flowers, to cropdusters flying overhead...everything means so much more! I think God gave me the idea of keeping bees so i could learn what life is all about! Bees even make you think different about people too....and remember...Theres not very many people out there who can do bees. I think beekeepers are a selct few...and we play a vital roll in the life of this planet. Anyways,......
 Welcome again to the forums! You wont fins a better group of people anywhere! Honest!!
your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Wow! Look at all the new members!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 11:49:30 am »
I agree John, it does take a stick to it attitude to be a beekeeper. Some people get overwhelmed by it all or are afraid of the sting aspect, but once most get past that and begin the journey, soon you can't help but be under the spell of the honeybee.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:52:01 am »
It's very cool but it is difficult to keep up with all the posts. You answer a bunch and hit the unread messages and there are twice as many as before. I must step away form the keyboard.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 01:41:51 pm »
Yeah it's crazy. And some of them post like 10 or 20 times a day..... :shock:
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 01:56:09 pm »
Yes Sacramento Beekeeping Supply told me last week that they are doing a very good business even in this economy.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 11:34:27 pm »
It seems that everywhere I went looking for information, I kept coming back here and finding answers I was looking for - or answers to questions I hadn't thought of asking yet.
Naturally I had to join in case I ever came up with my very own question.
 -I'll post in the "who are you?" part soon but for now I have to go to work early; which means early sleep.
be happy and make others happy.

anything