Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beemaster's Store Front Open with several products (feedback please)  (Read 2482 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Hi Everyone:

As in the previous post concerning shirts and such, I have been trying to learn the art of designing a few products. I will say, that the resolution and dots per inch and image size had me stumped a bit, but I got the bugs out and now have a really good idea how it works.

I offer here, and please note this is a working product page that I hope believe is coming together nicely. I have a lot of work ahead, but am actually having fun and learning the art of online sales - albeit a humble start, I think I can make some very nice Forum Souvenirs and gifts that you may enjoy, at the very least like to look at :) I've asked for years to offer something, they also have several hat/cap ideas available besides shirts and tons of other stuff that makes very little sense to me, minus bumper stickers and calendars. I always dreamed of a calendar with the best photos from the members gleaning each months calendar!

I'll include the artwork below, photos from the CafePress are NOT easy to display here, I would need to do screen capturing, cropping and uploading to Image-shack. But if you wish to get right to the page and see multiple photos and read about the products, please click here

http://www.cafepress.com/beemaster

These three products done are:

A serious collector coffee mug is for those of you who appreciate a vibrant looking mug that will stand out at home or at work. Note, the photos at CafePress show the product, this is just the artwork.

Then there is the can thermos, a nifty 12oz can holder that CafePress claims keeps beverages colder 10 times longer than no insulator at all. It is made by Thermos, and seems very nicely made.

Lastly, I saw a 4 cup set (all different interior colors that are stackable and see useful for many reasons - frankly the artwork fit pretty good with little trimming and the two items seemed lonely on the page. But I put it together for both practice and page look and it isn't bad at all :) Someone here (many moons ago) came up with the Slogan shown on the products. I went with that to see how it would look in print and like it.

The one think I'd like to do is mess with the image a tiny bit to make the yellowy color more honey colored. I think that would be better fitting our group for sure.

Again, I can't show you the items as well as their website - please let me know what you think.

http://www.cafepress.com/beemaster

Note... originally I had a mug designed for those who attended Bud3 - I took this down for now because I saved the image in a format that does not complement text. I will work on the Bud3 mug soon using the proper .png image file saving format.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:11:52 am by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
I truly love the idea of the calendar. I have so many beautiful photos, as I am sure many others do as well. A calendar would sell really well, I believe. 

Offline Dracono

• House Bee
    • Rachels Amazing Spices
I do like the calendar too. although I feel that your prices for the other stuff is a bit steep. just being honest in my opinion.
Dracono

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
I too think their prices (not mine) are steep. I have a 20% markup set over the cost of the items, which I don't think is ridiculous. But I have the other online stores that are mentioned by members in the other post and I'm checking them out. I've read that one of the sites had a bit of a scam deal and monthly membership fees that eat into any profits too, so I'm really doing some homework. But I kinda like CafePress even though they are expensive. But in the same respect, I want to make shirts, etc. available as cheap as possible to anyone interested. But as with all things, price often reflects quality and I don't want to offer crap either. Last thing about CafePress, I looked into shirts about 2 years ago and the prices haven't changed, which means they were relatively more expensive - minus the whole economy thing.

I really don't expect anyone to buy anything at this point - unless you like my original artwork of course (and I'll agree the calendar is GREAT as long as the image quality is up to snuff) but I ordered a few shirts and a couple cups to check out the quality for myself, as well as the speed at which they get the products out.

I'm very interested in the handicapped employed press, those of you who know me well know I had a severely handicapped brother who had cerebral palsy and passed away at 21 years of age. He wasn't able to even hold a pen or keep his head up, the simplest things we do were impossible for him. I am amazed at people who are challenged and COULD take advantage of the system designed care for them, and instead they want to lead a richer and productive life - God bless them all.

So.... we are a long way from anything, we need a slogan contest with a poll surely, I'll try to get that post set up soon :)

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
On the bumper sticker idea I would keep it simple. Something like a honey comb pattern (like on Jp's truck I think) with Beemaster.com

Like with anything beekeeping, ask 10 beekeepers... :)

Offline wd

• Field Bee
A calendar sounds nice. maybe with some basic beekeeping to do's or watch for's - by zone?.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:13:05 pm by wd »

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
With the calendar idea,  some of us already get a bee calender from Bee Culture every year and from a bee supplier.  I like the idea of a good t shirt.   I just got my Cain 2012 shirt in  :-D.   I tend to wear out some shirts fast working.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
Allen:

Curious, are they member submitted photos at Beesource??? I haven't seen one before. Thanks :)

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Calenders are a waste. Good quality tee--- no pocket. Small design @ pocket area minus pocket and big desing on back.  My kids call the pocket ones old men shirts and the pockets are mostly for cigs, my opinion, and i don't cig! Also the minus pocket shirt makes a better causal shirt for men and women.
John 3:16

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
I don't hit Beesource up so I wouldn't know.   But on the Bee Culture pics, yes they are submitted pics.   

anything