Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Nurseryman/Beek  (Read 1762 times)

Offline brushwoodnursery

• House Bee
    • Brushwood Nursery
Nurseryman/Beek
« on: January 09, 2013, 02:36:12 pm »
A new friend in Atlanta pointed me here. I'm a nurseryman and avid gardener (fruit and flower) and decided to try beeking again after an 18 year hiatus. The nursery and bee yard are right on the property near each other but the greenhouses are 100% screened off for shipping compliance reasons so the bees can't get in to be harmed by any insecticides we must, unfortunately, use for the plants. Hoping to boost our pollination of family fruits etc, get some honey, help the honey bees in general and maybe make some $ selling the extra. As of this day, I have 3 colonies set up in 8 frame langs. Started them last spring. Today is especially warm and they're out flying like mad. Going to crack them open this weekend and see how they're doing on honey stores. Might need to feed.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Re: Nurseryman/Beek
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 03:23:55 pm »
Brushwood, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 05:22:39 pm »
Welcome to the forum from another Georgia boy.

Offline brushwoodnursery

• House Bee
    • Brushwood Nursery
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 06:19:22 pm »
Thanks, both. I'm just a darn Yankee but I like it. Married a Georgia Girl and she dragged me down here.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:17:57 pm »
Welcome to the forum, brushwood.  there are a lot of Yankees that come don and stay.  Good luck with your bees.

Joe

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 12:48:37 pm »
Hey Brushwood!

Glad you made it!  Welcome to the friendliest bee forum on the web!

I have been sorely lacking in time so I haven't been on as much, but I know everyone else will make you feel at home.  Some of the best beeks in the business are here, both commercial and backyard.  The knowledge bank is invaluable and I owe everything I know (ok that's not much, but still everything I know :) ) to the posters here.

Can't wait to get my vines!!  Talk to you soon.

love,
ziffabeek

anything