Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• New Bee
New to Forum
« on: May 11, 2010, 07:11:10 am »
I'm a new beekeeper in central Texas near Austin. I have three new Langstroth hives started three weeks ago with Nucs. I got interested in beekeeping through my organic gardening hobby and I'm also interested in providing habitat for wildlife.

Chris

Offline Apis_M_Rescue

• House Bee
  • Pollinating So Cal
Re: New to Forum
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 03:40:02 pm »
Hi Chris,
Same here. Been community vege/ berry gardening for bout 5years 600sqft & an amazing bee swarm that flew along side my 30ft trellis years ago perked up my interest in the feral urban honey bees. The amazing buzz & moderate cloud passing feet from me was inspiring & the freedom they had when they came & left in an instant drew me in. The phenomenon of the swarm en mass high tailed it to the golf course across the street from community gardens but lost track of it, but always raises the hairs on back of neck when remembering. Now have 8 hives from rescues I saved from pesticide companies & trying to figure out how to manage in this blessed stimulating El Nino rains of 2010.

David Sneiders, San Gabriel Valley, Southern Calif 
Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.  Proverbs 16:24

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: New to Forum
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 11:11:58 am »
Chris, welcome to our forum, great you found us, stick around, we love new members.  Have that great, most awesome day and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service