Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: BI-LO sugar on sale  (Read 3114 times)

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
BI-LO sugar on sale
« on: March 04, 2009, 05:16:46 am »
If you have a BI-LO food store near you (probably only in South) sugar is on sale this week 3-4 thru 3-10.

2 for $3 (5lb bags)

Of course limit two with bonus card but some sores don't follow limit and at the worse you can make more than one trip if it is on your way!!! In my case it is about a mile down the road and pass it several times a week.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 08:47:03 pm by sc-bee »
John 3:16

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Re: BI-LO sugar on sale
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 06:18:29 am »
Thanks for the heads up, I found it at a place I dont care to shop (Walmarts), but 5# bags for $1.47 I went ahead and stop and bought 40 bags, I also find that Bell's in Lincolnton has  4# bag for $1.25 at times. some people don't relies that if you go to Sam's club or anywhere and buy the 25# or 50# you are paying more per pound for the larger bags, usually buying in bulk save's money but not dealing with sugar, check the price per pound on each size bag and you will see that the smaller bags are always cheaper....
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline mastro

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 11:08:28 am »
two years ago I got beet sugar on sale at mejier for $1/5lbs that was that last time I bought sugar.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 12:49:51 pm »
we have a resale place that takes torn bags from places like costco.  they have my phone number and call when they get bags of sugar in for a good price.  never hurts to ask the dented can stores if they will call......
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 07:49:41 pm »
we have a resale place that takes torn bags from places like costco.  they have my phone number and call when they get bags of sugar in for a good price.  never hurts to ask the dented can stores if they will call......

some are just luckier than the rest of us  :-P
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 07:53:08 pm »
Dollar General near me sells it for 1.45 for 4lb bag. Almost always available too, except near christmas.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline homer

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 08:36:28 pm »
Wow, I have never noticed the price of bulk as compared to smaller bags.  You folks are brilliant.  No more bulk sugar for me unless it's a lot cheaper than $11 per bag, as that is what 25# bags are on sale for right now.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 08:49:24 pm »
Yea, the bulk thing is true in alot of things now days and also the misconception of the size of box etc, Example 4lb bags of sugar and the size of the new ice cream cartons.
John 3:16

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 08:57:57 am »
Really have to watch the weights on packaging today!  I didn't notice until last summer that they bag sugar in 4 pound bags now.  What ever happened to 5 and 10 bags.

Also, I was buying 50 pound bags of black oil sunflower seeds from Tractor Supply.  Over the past 4-5 years, the bags had increased from $12 to $24 and then dropped back in price to $20 (ok, $19.99!).  I thought "that's cool, price finally coming down after gas dropped from $4 per gallon to $2 per gallon."

When I poured the bag contents into the galvanized trash can in my garage, I noticed that it didn't fill up as much as previously.  Then, I noticed on the bag.............

It was 40 pounds instead of 50!

Bummer!

"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"
J.D. Clampett commenting about Jethro Bodine.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 11:46:54 am »
Caveat emptor.
I also cant stand when they use different scales of weight on sales items. Like yogurt will be on sale and it will give you a unit price per pound and the non-sale yogurt will be in ounces/quarts per unit price. Thats why an education pays for itself every day.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline gmcharlie

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 02:18:48 pm »
I am curious if anyone has found a reasonsable sustitue for suger  (such as corn syrup)  in med quanties....  like 100lbs or such????

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 06:27:37 pm »
 "Dollar General near me sells it for 1.45 for 4lb bag. Almost always available too, except near christmas."

The difference in areas, The Dollar General's around here are are 1.75 / 4lbs. Still the best I have found.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

anything