Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A twist  (Read 1623 times)

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
A twist
« on: July 08, 2009, 05:16:29 pm »
Monday I got a call from our county dispatch about a swarm locally.  I called the individual and said I would be right there (10 minutes away).  Apparently in that span of time, the grandson decided to throw gasoline on the swarm.  Needless to say I was a bit put off when I got there.  There were quite a few bees flying in the general area and I figured they would disperse to other places since they seemed to be leaving. Tuesday I get a call from the guy again, saying the bees are hanging out around his truck which was about 20 feet from the tree where the swarm originally was hanging.  I thought maybe the queen survived the gas so I went over there.  Bees are in the cowl and back inside the firewall of the truck.  I sorta laughed because it will not be easy to get them out.  The cowl is spot welded down, they are entering and exiting around the wipers and the right fender.  Trying to help I set a box with drawn comb on the hood and baited it will lemon grass oil.  I will see what happens today.  Needless to say the grandson got a lecture so I am told.  Ironic isn't it?

David