Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Researching (Dallas Tx area) for hobby beekeeping  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Rex Smith

• House Bee
    • Harmony Hollow Apiary
Researching (Dallas Tx area) for hobby beekeeping
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:04:39 pm »
Hello all,

I wanted to post (as required for new account) and briefly introduce myself.  I'm currently in the Dallas, Texas area.  My SO and I have in the works - plans to be in E. Texas to fulfill our long-term goals, and she has suggested to me that I take up bee-keeping.

I'm currently doing the research needed to see what's entailed - and from what I've found - I think this will be a long and enjoyable hobby for me/us.

I'll be checking out my local bee-keepers clubs and making contacts, as well.

Thank you,
Rex "Hawk" Smith

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: Researching (Dallas Tx area) for hobby beekeeping
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 12:34:22 am »
Hi Rex,

Good Luck and have lots of fun with your new hobby. It can be relaxing, calming, exciting, nerve wracking not to mention other things.

Very challenging, but extremely rewarding is my experience with the little creatures. Plus you get to meet lots of wonderful people. Beekeepers are the most helpful people around.

I took up the hobby because I was going through a very difficult time in my life and I needed something to focus on. Well the bees truly saved me that first season. Because I found it so challenging, I noticed that I did not think about my problems when I was working with the bees. This is still true to this day.

Stay in touch and let us know how things are going for you

Sincerely
Annette

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 01:20:44 pm »
Welcome to the Group.  I am in the Dallas area as well I live in Mesquite.  Beekeeping is alot of fun and you will really enjoy it.  Feel free to post any and all questions here someone will have the answer.  And as with anything else if you ask a 25 beeks a question you will get 80 different answers.
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 08:40:25 pm »
Welcome to the site!

Offline Rex Smith

• House Bee
    • Harmony Hollow Apiary
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 03:00:28 am »
Thanks all!