Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bees gathering sugar maple sap?  (Read 11452 times)

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
Re: Bees gathering sugar maple sap?
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 07:13:33 pm »
Check this...

The flowers are inconspicuous, but, for example, a red maple is named as such because the flowers are red.  They're blooming right now around here! 

What the hey!  I need to double check to see if they are going on around here yet.  I have mostly black walnut on my property.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline mudlakee

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 08:43:48 pm »
Hey Dick Allen what part of upstate were you brought up in? My Dad grew up on Piller Point.  Tony

Offline Dick Allen

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 10:40:39 pm »
Fort Ann (in the Glens Falls/Lake George region) about 60 miles due north of Albany and 35 miles west of Rutland, Vermont. For the past few years I've been getting back there this time of year to do some maple syrup. This year I didn't go.  So folks, how is the maple syrup production this year, anyway?

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 01:22:27 am »
Check this...

The flowers are inconspicuous, but, for example, a red maple is named as such because the flowers are red.  They're blooming right now around here! 

What the hey!  I need to double check to see if they are going on around here yet.  I have mostly black walnut on my property.

Bassman. did you know that black walnut shavings in your smoker now and again will kill varroa? Ask the fatbeeman if you don't believe me.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 10:05:44 am »
Bassman. did you know that black walnut shavings in your smoker now and again will kill varroa? Ask the fatbeeman if you don't believe me.

Yeah, I saw a post on that.  That's good stuff.   :)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')