Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Portland, OR  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Cacklewack

• New Bee
    • Bee Thinking
Greetings from Portland, OR
« on: October 24, 2008, 04:31:16 pm »
Hello all,

I've been keeping bees since this summer and they have essentially taken over my life. :) My wife, a most patient woman, puts up with my addiction daily and even encourages me at times! I presently have one Langstroth hive and I'm in the process of building 15-20 top bar hives for Spring 2009.

I've seen Beemaster.com now and then but never got around to joining. I am excited to learn from the collective knowledge of you all!

In addition to my own apiary plans, I have been working tirelessly on a bee directory website that, with the help of the bee community, I hope becomes the largest directory of bee information/news on the internet. Thanks for the contributions of beekeepers throughout the world we now have over 260 links, articles and news pieces and the content is growing rapidly. I think you'll be able to see the link to the site in my signature.

http://www.beethinking.com

Cheers,
Matt
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 12:03:36 pm by buzzbee »

Offline jcullen24

• New Bee
Re: Greetings from Portland, OR
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 06:09:31 pm »
welcome to the forums, I'm just recently joined as of this week. The people here are great!

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 09:43:04 pm »
Hello and Welcome Matt
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline mtman1849

• Assistant Social Director
  • House Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 09:19:21 am »
welcome to the forum this is a great place to gain knowledge and make new friends

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 10:51:56 am »
Great to see people here from Oregon I'm a first year beek so I'm not much help. I'm about 200 mile's south from you. Have a great time with your Bee's.   :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 11:42:21 am »
Matt, welcome to our forum, so nice that you finally signed up, we love new members.  You mentioned that your Wife is a patient woman, isn't that just a wonderful thing, and she encourages you, what more could you ask for. Now, you can bet your bottom dollar, the more that she finds out about the bees, and the things she can do with bee byproducts, she will become just as addicted to you.  Stick around, this will be the place where you can tell your tales, stores and experiences, we can be your learning guide.  Ask any questions you need to, and never ever think that any question is not worthy of a well-thought-out and great answer.  Have the most wonderful and awesome day, groove on our groovey lives.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 11:52:53 am »
Matt,
I look at your web page and nice top bar hive.

Johnny

Offline Cacklewack

• New Bee
    • Bee Thinking
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 01:40:54 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome, all! I look forward to learning/contributing.

Cheers,

Matt

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 02:15:40 pm »
i'm in your neighborhood.  there are a number of us from the PNW.  Canada, WA, and OR.  welcome.  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.