Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Best camera app for ipod  (Read 5125 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Best camera app for ipod
« on: January 06, 2013, 10:22:19 am »
What camera apps are you using for ipod/ipad. I noticed the photo quality of the native app is not near as good as the pics that post via Tapatalk that uses it own imaging software . The native app leaves photos a bit grainy and I can not find any resolution settings for it.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: Best camera app for ipod
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 01:19:39 pm »
Hi Ken

I use one called "camera awesome" by smugmug it's a apt pretty full-featured although it has a lot of top of purchased stuff available like added filters and things. My favorite feature is that it takes and makes a giant button of your screen so when you're shooting something out of the rear facing camera you just have to touch the screen itself and it works as a giant shutter.

This is really handy when you're taking a photograph of yourself and can't quite see you in the picture. Making use of the higher resolution cameras always a great idea. The iPhone five has a five megapixel rear camera which I found to be quite incredible.   

I use that when I can for facetime for better quality shots. It's hard for the iPod to equal a lot of images that you see on Tapatalk or in the form used with some smart phones, the megapixels just aren't there but I think you'll like this app a lot.

And with Tracy I gave her my iPod which works out really well, I wiped it clean and created a fresh account for her now to get to play all the games and I enjoy together with her.

She is thinking of getting the iPhone but I thought I'd give her something to practice to see how she like the interface with the iPhone, I haven't had a chance to play with any droid units yet although I've seen a few stores – but a friend of mine Bob has switched from the iPhone to the android after giving his iPhone to his daughter and he says he likes it, he likes the flexibility especially with widgets.

So give camera awesome I try I think you'll really like it  and may even buy a few of  the filter features but as for general use their touching the screen to pick new areas of focus and change brightness it's very responsive and I think it does a decent job at copying the image clearly as the other 20+ photo apps I use.

I'll gladly send you a list in mod forming of all the other apps if you wish that I've tried, out some are a little quirky some of the filters are extremely cool while others are just lame but with more than one camera option inside your portfolio (Literally I have two folders of 12 camera apps that I can go to any time for particular reasons) there you can really make an image do what you want especially after you've taken it and it send the camera roll.

That's one really good point too, don't give up on a photograph if it's focused - then there's a good chance in postproduction most of these apps can save the image especially if you did not have a chance to take a second one that was better.

All of this is dictated from the armchair of Beemaster, My favorite feature on iPhone 5, take care.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Best camera app for ipod
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 06:01:44 pm »
Thanks John,
I know the farm show pics I took with the front facing cam using tapatalk were much nicer than what I took using the standard camera app.I will try the camera awesome. I know the cam capability is there,just need software to utilize it. It's hard to believe that Apple did not have more enhanced software as the graphical end of computers is where they used to trump the others.

anything