Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Todays fish!  (Read 7425 times)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
Todays fish!
« on: May 25, 2009, 08:56:49 pm »
This is Paul and Kanna with todays fish...Yeh, yeh, I know.....what a crappy picture!...Youre supposed to look at the fish anyways!
 yesterday Paul and I went out and got our limit...today we grabbed Kanna to shoot for 75 but it started getting hot at 50 (fish) so we came on in.These were pretty good size White Bass and we ended up with about 20 lbs of fillets...Not too bad for today. I sometimes think I'm losing interest in fishing but then, BANG!....I go out anyways and get lucky!( I dont know why but God blessed me with the gift of catching fish)Good thing I dont live by the sea!..I'd never come home!.By this time last year i had stopped fishing...Now, I'm just starting again....The seasons are definitely wierd...they get later and later..I bet it doesnt cool of till december this year!
your friend,
john

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: Todays fish!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 09:01:17 pm »
looking good.........the catch of fish.

Whens the fish fry????

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 09:06:36 pm »
Hey G3! I just stack them in the freezer and look at them every now and then! :)

your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 09:12:25 pm »
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 09:26:26 pm »
Oh Yeahhhh, JP! I havent heard that in years!

your friend,
john

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 11:21:43 pm »
Congratulations on the big catch of the day John!
I would say you did well. Its good to have hobbies, now you have to come up with a recipe using honey and fish.. is that even possible?
I took my kids fishing last summer and they loved it. Its one of those things where everyone has to hang out and be kind of quiet so you get a chance to just make small talk and reflect etc.
I would say its relaxing but its not so much when you have kids near the water but maybe any other time.
When are you gonna get some chickens? You need chickens.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 08:52:14 am »
How long did it take to clean them  :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 04:19:19 pm »
I learned a trick for "cleaning" fish that saves a pile of time (I DO live near the gulf.)
It's best if you can keep them alive, but if not, no more than a couple hours on ice - the trick is - filet them without gutting them - just go around the gut cavity.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 11:24:22 pm »
Hahahaaa!!!
Thats a good question about how long it takes me....That was only 50 fish...But, when theres 4 of us we're allowed a hundered fish! I love answering this question!100 fish takes us about 30 to 45 minutes...Filleting, ribbing, rinsing and packaging..Thats with 2 people filleting and 1 or 2 people ribbing...Electric knives of course..10.00 from walmart.
Hey Nat....Alotta people compliment me on how lucky I am to be able to go fishing!...To them, they tell me how relaxing it is...But.....On my boat, its anything but relaxing! When youre on top of white bass or stripers you can pull them in the boat one after another!
On this day we spent a few hours on the lake..But,...Its not uncommon for us to get a hunderd fish within an hour! Honest!
I do have an advantage over most people fishing where i do...I know the guy who makes the best slab spoons in the country....ME! :-D
( I need to practice at being more humble...sorry.)
your friend,
john
[img width= height=]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_btJlzM8u72Q/SdwMs-CfgiI/AAAAAAAADKY/CvDSBZ-ShJw/s800/DSC_0017.JPG[/img]

Offline GaryMinckler

• House Bee
    • Honeybees and Beekeeping
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 08:49:34 am »
I love fishing for Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass, and have had a few "hundred bass days" but 100 in an hour?  AWESOME!!  (the "hundred bass days" were catch and release, I rarely even keep a limit.)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 11:12:10 am »
White bass are schooling fish, so if you're on them, its nothing to load the boat in no time, even with Johnny's super dooper jiggin' spoons, right John?? ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 10:53:07 pm »
Thats right JP!
To tell you the truth,....if the fish are underneath you, you can catch them with anything that sinks...even a nut and bolt as long as youve fastened a hook to it! ;)
your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 11:21:17 pm »
To be honest John I have only been on white bass a few times but it was pure fun! Those suckers fight hard for their size and eat very well from what I remember.

...JP

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 11:26:43 pm »
you gulf coast folks hear of the skipjack/jack crevaille/blue runner?
they're nasty for eating because of all the dark meat, but they will sometimes hit an empty hook, and WILL hit as little as a cigarette butt with weight to take it to them, the upside is they make great bait for big fish and they'll give you a wicked fight on light tackle.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 11:57:49 pm »
Yep, hardtail and skipjacks make great bait for the bigger fish that love to eat them.

...JP

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 07:43:10 pm »
Look what I caught by accident fishing for the White Bass this morning! a 19 lb Flathead!
I havent caught one on a slab in 2 years I bet...usually I get 1 or 2 every summer like this by accident!
 It was her lucky day....Took the pics and pushed her overboard! :) I really need to take my real camera with me...I keep saying that but it just doesnt happen..Maybe next time!
your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 07:46:43 pm »
Hey Johnny, you just threw back the best eatin' fish in that lake! Man, fry that thang up next time dude!

...JP

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 08:39:12 pm »
Truly, JP....This is the first time I ever let a flathead go back in! I hate having to bust out the chainsaw to fillet big cats tho! Meat flies everywhere!
Oh yeh....I timed us cleaning fish today..Somebody asked how long it would take me to clean the whites.....
75 fish today....filetting and ribbing and rinsing.....19 minutes!...I couldnt believe it myself! :shock:...Me and paul on the electric knives and Kanna was ribbing. Next time I'll make a video!( Just a few fish tho as It would get boring watching a 19 minute video)
Oh yeh,....I had some guys ask my friends in another boat today If he wanted an A** whoopin'....They trolled right under russ and Yvettes boat...Russ didnt say anything...It was like when somebody cusses you out on the fone and you cant do anything about it!
However.....These 2 guys came trolling right next to me and Paul and Kanna.....And, I just couldnt keep my mouth shut!
 I yelled over to these 2 guys..."Hey! which one of you guys is givin' out the A** whoopins!?"...Even tho I take medication to keep me cool, I just couldnt stand seeing skinny Russ be talked to like that..The guys started expalining how he had been trolling since 07:30 this morning in this same pattern....Then he asked me If I would have done what Russ did...I said real humbly,"No, I dont think so..."...And cranked up my motor and ran over their lines they were dragging.....I can be such a jerk sometimes...But it DOES take alotta provoking!
Quite the eventful day, If I do say so myself. :)

your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 12:18:12 am »
Now John, you a bad man, a very bad man for doing that! You know I'm right! Well, sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Hopefully they learned a lesson.

What did you learn John?

75 fish, cleaned in 19 minutes, what are y'all fish wizards!

...JP

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 12:33:56 am »
75/19 beats any record I ever tried for - I never tried, but even hurrying I doubt I could match that.